Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I was wondering if anyone knew of the proper way to get orange peel out of a paint finish? I just got my track bodywork back from the painter's and there are spots where this is pretty prevalent. Thanks in advance,
Dale

·
Banned
2,888 Posts
If it's single stage paint, you may be stuck with it. If it's basecoat/clearcoat, depending on the number of coats, you can lightly sand it and buff. Make sure you know what is on there before you try any sanding or buffing. If you told the painter this was for a track bike, chances are it may not have the best system on it if you got the work done cheap.

If you paid a lot for the work, take it back and ask them to make it right.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fortunately, I didn't pay a lot for the work and he did know it was for a track bike. I'll give him a call and find out what he used. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
189 Posts
If it's single stage paint, you may be stuck with it. If it's basecoat/clearcoat, depending on the number of coats, you can lightly sand it and buff. Make sure you know what is on there before you try any sanding or buffing. If you told the painter this was for a track bike, chances are it may not have the best system on it if you got the work done cheap.

If you paid a lot for the work, take it back and ask them to make it right.
+1

1 - 4 of 4 Posts