Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have been the happy owner of a heavily moded 2006 SC1000 for many years, however I am not sure if I am satisfied with the saddle and am playing with the idea to replace it for the original saddle/cowl. I noticed however that my frame, has a little upturn where the other SC1000 frames I've seen are straight. Do you think I can modify the stock SC mono seat and matching cowl to fit? As you can see, I don't mind modifying the bike so all input is appreciated and would like to ask the forum members for help before paying for an esthetic upgrade (not performance) such as a new saddle/cowl combo. Here are some more details:

2006 Sport Classic
Monster Motor 1100 from 2009 - DP Camshaft
Swingarm - S4R
Wheels - 916
F/R rotors - 748R
Brakes - Streetfighter 1098
Trimchip DP
Front forks - 1098R Öhlins
Rear shock - Paul Smart Öhlins

·
Registered
2 Posts
From the last photo I can see that the seat lock mechanism is missing. Without that, a stock seat would not attach to the frame. you could add some hooks to the seat but I don't know if its the best solution

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all for the pictures, do you think it’s possible to get a side profile showing the seat frame (and if there is an angle to it at the end like mine has)? The seat latches/attachment mechanism I think I can modify to work, but am concerned about the frame itself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what I was afraid of... thanks for the confirmation and help guys! I guess I'll stick with the current saddle for the time being. Much appreciated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts