Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ducati Hypermotard 939 SP
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to remove the aibox on my 2016 Hypermotard to install the MWR power-up kit and air filter. I have a service manual for the 821 Hypermotard which is apparently the same process regarding the airbox. I have removed all of the connectors and hoses according to the manual, but it's not budging. On top of that, my air filter won't lift up as I hinge the cover up... the filter gets stuck on the left side as if it's too long, even when I compress it to the right. I don't understand why I'm having such difficulty with this, which is why I feel like I'm missing something.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nevermind, no need to panic folks. After being on the verge of losing my patience, I managed to finish everything up without breaking anything. I decided to leave the air box in it’s place rather than continuing to fight with it, and just dealt with removing the filter and cleaning everything up internally with the cover removed.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Looks great. Ahhh, really want to do this one or the Starace airbox mod. Just don't want to think about getting that tank off again after putting in the Rapidbike evo module. It was a pain/worrry for me as I hadn't done any motorcycle wrenching before this. I'll suck it up and do it sometime.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The tank removal was the easy part... the airbox removal was keeping me up at night. If you've gotten tankl tank off once, it should just get easier, so I'm sure you'll be fine. From what I've read, this mod will be worth the trouble of removing the necessary parts to do it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts