Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a small nick in my paint and have had no luck with Color-Rite as they don't know the color.

What is the FACTORY paint code for MY05 ST4s Black paint?

I will take this code and try my body paint supply to convert to PPG color.

And no, all Black paint is not the same color!

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you have not already done so. Go here and download the parts catalog for your bike. It makes a great reference while tooling around on the beast.

http://www.ducati.com/bikes/service/parts/2005.jhtml?family=service&node=parts&modelName=2005p

I just looked at the part catalog for my 2005 ST3, assuming the black on the ST3 is the same black as the ST4s - Black (nero lucido ducati) is better known as paint code 248.514.

I think that is a PPG paint code

Hope that helps.

Peter

·
Registered
62 Posts
That's odd, I got my touchup markers from colorrite...

just called them and told them I had a '05 black ST4s, and they knew exactly what it was. Get the clear coat marker as well when you do it. It's not perfect, but better than doing nothing.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
grabdawg said:
It's not perfect, but better than doing nothing.
When I called they took a guess, TWICE! That's not good enough for me.

The factory paint code 248.514 does not cross into a PPG color.

I am going to take one of my panniers to my paint supply, and they are going to take a picture with a paint matching system. I will see how that turns out.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I found Duc black paint!!

I had to repair some scrathes on my black '05 ST3. ColorRite website doesn't list the correct paint for the body parts, just the metallic black for the frame. I ordered the metallic because it was all they had listed. To my surprise it matched perfect..to the frame not the body. After some discussion with the tech rep at the California division I finally received the gloss black I was looking for and they swapped even with no restocking fee as it was quite expensive. For those of you who want black, ColorRite has it. They list it as Ducati New Gloss Black #MQ7592. Very good paint and the Duc looks great once again. This is an old post, but I hope I am saving someone some of the aggravation that I went through. Good luck!

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
Would a "sticky" thread listing Ducati paint codes be helpful?

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
I'll work on it when I get back from the gym. Retirement is hell, but someone has to make job openings for the younger guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts