Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I ordered a track fairings for my 1098 on motoxpricambi.com

I mounted it all except the tail that doesnt seem to fit. Both previous original and aftermarket fairings broke down the tail in 3 parts (the lond side plastics that connect to tank / front frame, and the tail piece that is screwed into rear frame / seat).

Instead this new tail is a single piece from sides to seat to tail-end and doesnt seem to fit. The seller told me it has to be fitted from behind (not slot in from above or side), but even then it doesnt seem to fit. I am not sure whether I need to remove the heat shield above the silencers to do it.

Anyone has any experience with these types of fairings? I imagine there is a simple way to do it but I cant figure it out....hope to get some wisdom from the forum!

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Quick update in case someone else has the same issue in the future: indeed I had to remove the silencers, then remove black plastic heat shield that is above the silencers (to install the narrower one that came with fairings), then I fit rear tail fairings and seat, and then at the end I put silencers back. Violet!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts