Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found these mirrors pretty cheap and was wondering if anyone has mounted any mirrors to the clutch and master cylinder perch through the hole already there and just screwing the bolt up through the hole and into mirror. ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1341063456.577211.jpg

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link sweFin !! On the 796's the pivot bolts on the clutch and master cyl are hollow. Instead of buying the rizoma adapters couldn't u just push a bolt through mirror then through the pivot point and put a nut on underside. There's no internal threads on pivot but it does go all the way through

·
Registered
757 Posts
From what I read before there are alternatives to the $$$ Rizomas. eBay I think.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I must be the only one who likes the stock set-up. I think the stock mirror/guards seem to go with the lines of the Hyper.

Eric

·
Registered
309 Posts
Where on the bars did u mount them ? Not much room
Are are asking me?

If yes, I replaced the half of the stock clamp (the ones fix the brake and clutch reservoir). The ebay one i showed can fit any 10mm bolt mirror.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thanks for the link sweFin !! On the 796's the pivot bolts on the clutch and master cyl are hollow. Instead of buying the rizoma adapters couldn't u just push a bolt through mirror then through the pivot point and put a nut on underside. There's no internal threads on pivot but it does go all the way through
Yes, you can. It's worked for me for over 10,000 miles. Just put a rubber washer in between the mirror and pivot point (this reduces vibration and keeps it tight) and use a locking nut. That way you don't have to use Threadlocker. You may need new bolts as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Grenadier. After searching high and low you seem to be the only guy I've been able to find that has attached mirrors to the clutch/brake lever. I have the same handle bars as you with the black brake/clutch reservoirs that take up a lot of space.

Did you need any additional clamps/adaptors that allow you to bolt them to the clutch/brake lever which seems to have an 8mm hole.

Looks like most of the mirrors come with a 10mm threaded end.. so did you use an adaptor to go from 10mm threaded 'male' to an 8mm 'female' part?

I'm thinking of getting these Ducati Mirrors

I think the are original Ducati Performance parts.. seem pretty good value at half the price of the Rizomas (rizoma). Although they are lovely.

Many thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts