Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as the title says, I need one of you crazy inmates to help me out.
sell me your yellow 916/996/998/1098 or a white 848. I Only ask that it not be a dropped or scratched up machine. It doesn’t have to museum quality, but it has to look good. Maintenance and miles are the keys.

if you fail me, I will have no choice but to put a deposit down on a Panigale V2. Wife be damned.

·
Registered
106 Posts
If you buy a 848, dont make the mistake I made

before buying it

1. put it on a rear stand and make sure you dont have a wiggle from the rear hub/tire
2. The voltage regulator are always ruined, watch youtuber practical enthusiast
3. fuel pump clamps tend to loosen up

Personally, I rather buy a 848 from someone on facebook marketplace or craigslist for like $5000. That v2 will cost about $18k out the door.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the teaser photo!

If you buy a 848, dont make the mistake I made

before buying it

1. put it on a rear stand and make sure you dont have a wiggle from the rear hub/tire
2. The voltage regulator are always ruined, watch youtuber practical enthusiast
3. fuel pump clamps tend to loosen up

Personally, I rather buy a 848 from someone on facebook marketplace or craigslist for like $5000. That v2 will cost about $18k out the door.
good advice, thank you.

·
Registered
106 Posts
thanks for the teaser photo!

good advice, thank you.
$16,495 + freight fee + dealership fees + taxes + tag = $19,500 easily

Don't forget accessories...

Again, I'm not pocket watching, fuck, you might have cash or crazy paying job...But, for me...I love the 848 sound and parts are all over ebay...the white one looks bad ass...I was on my multistrada today and a 848 or 1098 came by me and man was that sound amazing...now, something I forgot to mention, make sure the kickstand bolts are not loose or stripped, Im going through hell right now because the stupid kickstand is mounted to the crankcase and they were stripped...get that 848 white with red wheels for $6000 cash and call it a day.

·
Registered
467 Posts
have you ridden all these bikes? you should get the bike you like best that you can afford, wife be damned.

by afford I don't mean finance (although financing a bike you can afford makes sense w current interest rates)

·
Registered
2011 Monster 1100 Evo, 2020 Multistrada 1260S, 2008 track 848
160 Posts
get that 848 white with red wheels for $6000 cash and call it a day.
Teaser (and not for sale) I bought this one for 1'500 USD after it flipped over its stand, hit by a car. Rebuilt as a track bike with track fairing - so the original white color of the tank does not match the fairing, the trick to to ride quickly enough so that nobody notice it.

Currently rebuilding it again since I crashed it already :cry:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Teaser (and not for sale) I bought this one for 1'500 USD after it flipped over its stand, hit by a car. Rebuilt as a track bike with track fairing - so the original white color of the tank does not match the fairing, the trick to to ride quickly enough so that nobody notice it.
View attachment 1011409
Currently rebuilding it again since I crashed it already :cry:
What track did you wreck it at?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts