Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Help me decide!! - Monster 1000S or 900 Super Sport

6283 Views 31 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  racerxcph
I have decided to take the Ducati plunge and have found two good (what I believe to be good that is) deals on two Ducati bikes:

- 2004 Monster 1000S ie with 4,900 miles fully stock. The price is $6,500.
- 1999 SuperSport 900FF with 13,000 miles, corbin seat, FSF pipes and carbon fiber clutch cover. The price is $5,000.

Both bikes are yellow and in great shape (the Monster is actually Mint with all paperwork and the SS900 is in very good condition with a couple scratches on the lower fairing and the dealer just did a full 12k service on it).

Both are great bikes and both are similar (but much superior) to two previous bikes I've owned in the past (a 1998 CBR 600F3 which I still own but will sell if I buy the Duc, and a 1986 Yamaha Fazer 700S). I just can't decide which one to buy. I don't know which one is the better deal. Since you guys are Ducati experts, can you provide me with the pros and cons of each bike and which one you think is the better deal?

Thanks!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,687 Posts
both are decent deals.....but you should definitly ride both....the SS is a little harsher position wise than a 600 F3 depending on your physical stature....personally...I'd be lookin at the Monster....but what Amullo says is pretty on target...
amullo said:
The Supersport is a good bike on track, VERY nice in twisties and okey in town. But it does have some lean forward, so a commute might be abit hard if your riding in the city.

The Monster is a great commute, great twisties and moderate pace track bike. You CAN change some stuff to go faster on the track, but if you normally get a knee down, your going to be dissapointed when taking it to the track, compared to the SS

· Registered
1,687 Posts
bruce19 said:
My former SS is now up for sale. It is a '96 SS/SP with a 944 kit, hc pistons, Keihin 41 mm FCR's on Malossi intakes, lightened flywheel, billet clutch basket, DP CF cans, and a lot more. If anyone is interested ping me off list. Kevin in Oakland has it.

bruce19
post it up in the Classifieds here with pics!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.