Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying a Ducati 749, and hoping to get one with around 10k miles.

Assuming it has some general maintenance done around the 6k and fewer mile mark, what are some other core maintenance areas that will have to be done soon, and what are their ballpark costs? I am hoping to get together a good idea of costs before I buy the bike.

I figure that I cannot afford the bike unless I can buy the bike and have about $3k extra to put into it periodically for maintenance...how far will this get me, generally?

I will not beat on it hard at all, I will be pretty kind to it, but I won't lug it around.

I hope to do some of my own maintenance, but let's assume I have a shop do stuff.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
how much can you do yourself? The valves adjustment and belt change are the big items. The rest is pretty much fluid changes and lubrication/checking for loose nuts and bolts. Assuming you srtip the bike down in preparation for the 12k service, a valve check/belt change can cost as little as $400 or less depending on how nice your dealer/mechanic is. In reality, a typical 12k full service will run anywhere from $800-1200+ for parts and labor.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tnanks!

What is the next major service after the 12k? It should be good for a while, no?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts