Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just purchased a mint 06 s2r 1000 with full FBF carbon exhaust. I was told the Ferracci exhaust is a re-badged Arrow. After comparing pictures of the Arrow full exhaust with the Ferracci, they do look alike. The exhaust sounds really nice but loud. Riding with earplugs, I have no problem with the noise. However, I would like to commute with the bike and I live in NYC in a densely populated area. I don't want to wake everyone up in the morning.

I know this particular Arrow exhaust has 2 flavor, titanium and carbon. Strangely enough, only the titanium ones come with dB killer. Now, I have contacted the US dealer for Arrow and they have replacement dB killers for sale at the price of $80 per pair. The problem is they can not guarantee the dB killers will fit my Ferracci. I don't want to flush 80 bucks down the drain for a pair of dB killers that I can't use. I know I will have a hard time trying to sell them if things don't work out.

So for anyone with more experience with Arrow and Ferracci, will I be able to use the Arrow dB killers on my Ferracci? If so, what is involved? What kind of noise reduction should I expect?

If anyone has a pair of Arrow dB killers collecting dust, please let me know how much you want for them.

Lastly, I want to thank you all for your time and expertise in advance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply. I have considered switching back to stock. The problem is that I got the bike used and the previous owner no longer had the stock exhaust. Buying a full set of stock exhaust is an alternative, but it is gonna cost me more time and money.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I could be wrong, but I believe the Arrow silencers only fit their Ti mufflers. The CF mufflers do not have the necessary snap-ring recess built into the muffler tail piece that holds the silencer in place.

This is what I was told by my Arrow dealer. I wanted the ability to choose, so I bought the Ti system. That said, I do not use the silencers. Loud bikes save lives :D.

Maybe someone with an Arrow CF system can confirm this.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MashBill,

Finally, someone who actually has the db killers. If it is not too much trouble, would you mind taking a picture of the snap-ring recess and measure the length and the diameter of both ends? I have found a pair of arrow db killers from another forum. However, those are originally form 09 monster 1100. I am not sure if those will fit. Thank you

·
Registered
49 Posts
MiniSuper,
I will be away from home until Wednesday, I will do it then.

Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts