Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what the plug on the left side case is referenced as in the service manual (the one just above and to the right of the center plate in the middle of the cover, right below the number (2) in the picture)? I'm trying to figure out what it's torqued to and what kind of sealant is supposed to go on the threads.

I removed it to help resolve a possible oil leak, and whatever was on the threads was old and crumbly (white... almost looked like old pipe thread sealant).

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
On my bike it was the same ducati grey sealant used all over the engine how ever the manual states...
"Generator cover inspection plug M15x1 20 18 22 THREE BOND 1215"

·
Premium Member
12,353 Posts
Just a thought because I don`t know measure the thread size and then go to the torque chart and cross reference using the size of the part . Not to many plugs that size on the cases....Know what I mean Just looked at mine there is an aluminun gasket and the plug is steel sealed with the grey sealant . Part number 779.1.198.2a the steel cap, and part number 852.1.120.1a for the aluminum gasket.. Number 22 and 7 under engine section subsection alternator cover ...Yea I would try the rtv Do you have the alum gasket

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually, permatex 599 is a direct replacement for threadbond 1215, so I used that. Yeah, the gasket is there. Should take care of it, although I went lighter than the 18/22 nM torque. That seems way too much to me for that plug. 16 (~10 lb/ft) was plenty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts