Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I was recently given these rear sets by a friend who said they were for a 999. They seem like they would work, although the brake pedal is a bit different and I'm not certain I see how the return spring would fit on it.

Does anyone know who makes these, or recognize them. They have no identifying marks that I can see. Look good quality, light blueish/gray anodizing

They don't have heel protectors..from searching the 998/996 corse CF ones seem to be the ones to use as they go between the rear set and the frame.

So..couple of questions I have

- Who makes them and are they for the 749/999?
- What heel guards would you use with them?
- Is the return spring used with the brake pedal?

Any thoughts or info would be appreciated

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
416 Posts
Don't know who makes them, but they look like 749/999 parts to me. Yes use the spring, and for heel gaurds, measure the spacing on the bolt holes and post up what they are, I'll measure against one of the 999s sitting around here.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...same spacing as stock, although the hole are elongated so they can be moved up or down by a centimetre give or take.

I may be missing a part as they don't fit the frame without being spaced out. The stockers have circular ends which fit in the frames recess, these are rectangular and contact the frame.

Look like I'll keep with stock and list these for sale

·
Registered
31 Posts
Vortex usually has those adjustable plates but their pegs are typically very agressive IIRC. They could just be knock offs as well but Vortex and Woodcraft stuff is very well made vs typical knock offs.

You could try tineye with your .jpg file or crop and try parts of it.

·
Super Moderator
1,172 Posts
I've tried Google and reverse image search but no luck. I also browsed through all 999 related DP catalogs so those are definitely not made by Ducati. They looks really nice though, wouldn't mind having a set powdercoated black :)

Those heel guards look like 996RS rearset parts

so I'm guessing they are some "el cheapo" ones with expensive decorations :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts