Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a later model supersport rear shock from a fuel injected bike as I read they are longer. But now I'm noticing the rear shock on my bike may not be original.

I don't see any branding on it at all. The spring says HYPER_____. Could anyone help me identify what it is? Looks to be fully adjustable and I may have wasted my money.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's a sachs shock with a hyperpro spring, and the rebound adjuster all the way out.
thanks for the quick reply! Is that aftermarket or did it come stock on some bikes? it appears the shock body is threaded into the top mount...do you know if I can extend the shock length?

·
Registered
943 Posts
thanks for the quick reply! Is that aftermarket or did it come stock on some bikes? it appears the shock body is threaded into the top mount...do you know if I can extend the shock length?
Based on your pictures, that would be no.

It's the stock shock but it's also a Sachs stock shock. I have an OEM Sachs from a later 900SSie bike and it is in fact, around 12mm longer. I measured from center of eyelet to center of eyelet versus my stock Showa.

It is highly possible that the (or a) previous owner installed a hyperpro spring on a longer SSie shock already....sean

1 - 4 of 4 Posts