Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help identify this wheel that I bought of Ebay. The seller said it for his 1997 Ducati 916 without any modification. But when I install it into my 1998 Ducati 916 the spoke on the wheel rub on my rear brake caliper. I try to look for Serial # on the wheel, but non be found. I had weight the wheel, it about 9lbs. I had include the picture for front and back of the wheel.

Attachments

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,880 Posts
Definitely magnesium. It should not be rubbing anywhere. Check that your caliper and bracket are spaced properly.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Definitely magnesium. It should not be rubbing anywhere. Check that your caliper and bracket are spaced properly.
Yes, what dat guy said..........

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,880 Posts
Yes. Marchesini made rears both with and without the webbing.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Though I would not think that this is the problem, you may want to check if that fits with the Race set up.

I think that the spoke like this were the Race bikes (even potentially the Factory ones rather than simple customer ones)

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Though I would not think that this is the problem, you may want to check if that fits with the Race set up.

I think that the spoke like this were the Race bikes (even potentially the Factory ones rather than simple customer ones)
I`d agree with that . They are so ugly they could only be for race use .

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I'm confuse. What the different between race setup and simple customer one.

·
Registered
94 Posts
the race set up is race axle, floating disc, billet caliper hanger, etc.

I have that set up but to be perfectly honest is it identical in terms of alignment. I can only assume that you have the wrong spacer arrangement or something like that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts