Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!

I have NO clue about the rocker arms, but I've heard they're very expensive to change. So here's the deal:

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the symptoms of tired rocker arms? How do I know if they need to changed?

I think I can hear a little "clicking" sound from the engine when I ride, but I might just be a bit paranoid knowing the price of the rocker arm change. :(

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Visual inspection...only way and requires disassembly. Your regular 12k service should include the inspect/adjust. A "clue" would be "flakes" of chrome in your oil screen when you change your motor oil.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Visual inspection...only way and requires disassembly. Your regular 12k service should include the inspect/adjust. A "clue" would be "flakes" of chrome in your oil screen when you change your motor oil.
Ok! Thanks!

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
No problemo. ;)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Ok! Thanks!
And be ready.

By the question you asked, I assume that the your not able to work on engine internal, and if they find flaking rocker(s), and if they are doing the work, it WON'T be cheap.

I should know, I just went through the same thing. Took the bike in for inspection and timing belt replacement. Should have been no more then $550.

Until they find 10 rockers(of which 3 were starts to grind in to metal below it) in dire need ot fixin...:(

BTW, bike, even with 10 rockers gone bad, show no appearent signe of

1 - 5 of 5 Posts