Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to wire up some dual star grip heaters for the ST3. Did a couple of searches for this and found some great info. Thanks!
Now....if you can help me find the switched factory grip heat circuit i keep reading about. found the link for the plug to use on it.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
should be inside the nose fairing right above the headlight. took me couple of tries to find it as it was tucked under the cross bar hidden from plain view.

if you take out the dash module you'll have easy access to the space over the light.

did you get the aux connector kit from Ducat Designs? If not it's highly recommended.

http://www.ducatidesigns.com/inc/sdetail/1451

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

Wonder why no OEM heated grips?????
i've looked and researched this for a couple of hours.......did they NEVER offer a set for the ST?

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
yup, the round rocker is the way to go, and don't bother with the grip cement, pia. just use 3 strips of electrical tape to hold the heaters in place. one at each end and one in the middle. not too much or you wont get your grips back over them. a little soapy water helps.

·
what's a Fly N Fink?
876 Posts
Thanks!

Wonder why no OEM heated grips?????
i've looked and researched this for a couple of hours.......did they NEVER offer a set for the ST?
Nope , never did. But I heard the Multistrada had a kit that would fit.

BTW, I piggybacked my radar detector circuit ont this connector so it is switched also.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Keep searching for the right post. I know it's here, I used it to install mine about 3 years ago. Easy install. Be sure and get the round rocker switch as opposed to the toggle, much cleaner looking.

http://www.dual-star.com/index2/Rider/heated_grip_kit.htm
J9Fred,

Thanks for the link. I rode yesterday with temps just below freezing and, surprise surprise, my paws got cold. Took about 30 minutes. Another 30 and they would have gone numb. The rest of me was fine, though, thanks to that plastic stuff up near the front of the bike that deflects the wind. Amazing invention. My Harley doesn't have one of those. I bought this thing they call a "windshield" for my Harley, but all it does is make my eyeballs bounce around in my skull. I never use it. They should call it "12 Rounds with Joe Frazier." :)

One question....does anybody know where to connect the DualStar heated grip kit to the 01 ST4?

Thanks,

ape

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Nope , never did. But I heard the Multistrada had a kit that would fit.

BTW, I piggybacked my radar detector circuit ont this connector so it is switched also.
Just bought a pair of cheap Multistrada grips. Looks like they will fit - after I modify the twistgrip. The Multi uses 2 cables. I'll post when I figure it all out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts