Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
you very well may be able to clean that piston up as well, it's hard for me to see how deep the damage is--but as long as the piston is not cracked, & the ring lands are un-damaged you could be just fine.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
So, after weighing my options, I ended up buying a clean donor motor from Nick in FL. The stock motor we pulled out was super crusty and heavily corroded, and I just couldn't imagine dumping so much money into it. Perhaps if it was really clean or lower mileage maybe, but just didn't seem worth it. Also was disappointed in the lack of response from shops in town when looking for someone to do the work.

I've been busting my butt this last week getting the new motor installed and double checking everything (definitely no nuts in the intake this time!). This afternoon I fired it up for the first time with the FCRs installed. It's been a lot of work, but am so relieved to hear it running again!

The carbon slip ons that I've been waiting to install turned out to be for an IE, not a carby. Super bummed about that as I was really looking forward to getting these on. If anyone's got a lead on some high mounts, let me know! Anyways, here she is after running for the first time with the new motor and FCRs. Thanks again for everyone that chimed in on this thread.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Nick is a good guy --I get bits from him from time to time--for me he is close I could get to his place in about 1 hour lol

·
Registered
545 Posts
By the way if you are looking for high pipe mounts, I got mine from BBB Fabrications in the UK --same guy that does the frame braces--they are very nice and made from stainless

81 - 86 of 86 Posts