Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We will be in Milan for the motorcycle show in Nov, and then looking around parts of Europe for a while.

We are thinking about buying a cheap car to use. Can anyone in Italy give us some help on how to get a car, what issues are there in buying one if not Italian (I do have full EU right of residence etc) what prices are like, things to avoid, cost of taxes, insurance etc.....

Any practical advice would be greatrly appreciated

cheres
Doc

:)

·
Premium Member
2,379 Posts
We will be in Milan for the motorcycle show in Nov, and then looking around parts of Europe for a while.

We are thinking about buying a cheap car to use. Can anyone in Italy give us some help on how to get a car, what issues are there in buying one if not Italian (I do have full EU right of residence etc) what prices are like, things to avoid, cost of taxes, insurance etc.....

Any practical advice would be greatrly appreciated

cheres
Doc

:)
Um, obviously I am not Italian, or even European, but how long are you looking to be over in Europe for?

I realise that hiring a car is very expensive, but there is an alternative to hiring and that is to do a lease. We did one in 2007 and it worked out really well, we picked up our brand new car at Malpensa with 7km on the clock, full comprehensive insurance, roadside assist and factory warranty and when we left we dropped it off at Malpensa handed over the key and walked away and we didn't have to try and sell it or worry about anything. The price we paid included everything there was no more to pay and it was really great. So, have a look at www.drivetravel.com.au under the leasing section and see what you think. They are based in Victoria and were really good to deal with.

Maybe you have already seen this, but just in case.

Have a good time and remember to keep right!

Cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts