Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished putting this thing back together. Have less than 100 miles on it since I wrapped it all up. I should start by saying it seemed to me that the engine started kind of hard when it did start. I can't be sure because I don't know the engine all that well, but compared to my '11 Multi it starts hard. The symptoms are basically this: I turn the key, hit the button and it goes "click, whirrrr". It will do that as many times as I hit the button, but it kinda sounds like it's losing juice pretty quickly. Occasionally it will *almost* actually turn it over, but that's probably 1 of every 10 pushes of the button.

The last time I had something like this happen on a bike it was my 09 Speed Triple, and it was the Sprag Clutch / Starter Clutch. Instinct is telling me that's what it is, but I'm hoping for a little more insight. Also, if that is indeed what it is what else do I need to order? Sprag Clutch + Starter Gear + Starter... anybody done this before?

Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Battery is drained, these need a decent charge to start and old or low charge batteries will struggle.

Charge it up and try again, if it's losing charge quickly then perhaps its time for a new one.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
There was a lot of corrosion on this bike when you got it. Have you checked the electrical connections for corrosion, esp. the ground? Added resistance will put a real drag on the system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts