Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really, really, really need some help. I bought a full 57mm Tergminoni exhaust system off Ebay a few years ago (part #9644605B I think) and I just got around to putting on my bike (999R Fila replica). The trouble is when I took it to the shop the horizontal mid pipe (runs from header on front cylinder under the engine to the pipe that goes up the the canister) was missing. There was a pipe, but it looks like a part from a Diavel. The shop said that they were sure it was from a Diavel, but that bike wasn't even out when I bought the exhaust. I did have the entire exhaust ceramic coated and it seems like the pipes might have been switched at the coating shop. I have been trying to get a hold of the shop, but with the long weekend I was not able to get a hold of them. I am not 100% sure the pipes were switched though. I will check to be sure. BUT, if I am stuck with the part my exhaust is totally useless. A waste of a couple of thousand dollars. I am in a panic. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY need that pipe. If anyone has one or know where to get one I would really appreciate some help. I had to leave my bike at the shop (in pieces) until I can sort this out. (I didn't want to pay for the labor just to have the stock exhaust put back on). Thank you for looking.
-Scott

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Cant help you out but you can broaden your search as the 999S has the same pipe.From all years.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I have a spare 999S pipe, was going to do some conversions. PM me what you think its worth or we can do some trading. Let me know. Good luck hope it turns up.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I bet there is someone out there with a Diavel that is pissed they got back a pipe to a 999.

Be sure, they will be calling the plating company too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL, ya, I hope it is that simple. I hope they didn't cut it to make it fit:( I still need a back up plan if that falls through, and I'm not sure how long the shop will let my bike "hang out" while I look.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
found it

Ok, so I lucked out. The coating shop sent my pipe to Ohio. They were very helpful and apologetic when I called. They tracked it down and are ending it straight to the shop to have it put on. So, I guess I panicked for nothing. With my luck I expected the worse. Thanks for all the suggestions and help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts