Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i bought my first bike, 97 Monster 750, and i love it. It's been working fine for the last two weeks and the guy i bought the bike from was a nice guy and knew how to work and take care of bikes. But i went to try to start the bike today and it wouldn't start. Every time i turn the bike on it turns on fine and what not, but when i pull the clutch in and hit the ignition button (the little red one) the bike just makes clicking noises and my light displays flicker on and off. When i do this but i give it throttle at the same time, the bike makes this weird winding noise, like there seems to be air getting sucked into some chamber and the air is then being squeezed out a tiny hole (thats sort of the sound it makes). I have tried it with no choke, with all choke, any way possible and the bike won't start. I am completely new to bikes so i have no idea what the problem is. Like i said earlier, i have been riding it fine with no problems for two weeks, but now just today i have had this problem. Sorry for the long post, any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
113 Posts
How old is your battery? What is the resting voltage? Sounds like the battery may be on its way out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts