Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Removed the engine few months ago so as to adjust the shims, and only recently got back to putting it back together. I did take photos but not enough of them and not sure about the connections.
2 black ones on the left side still connected to the metal bracket for the -ve side, and have labelled numbers 1,2,3.(but photobucket annotations not come through)

far left is from back of engine, no problem I know connects on the -ve pole battery
the long one that I'm holding comes up out of back of the block connectors to the reg/rectifier, - on testing it has no continuity with the other earth wires off the loom,
and the shorter one between the two cones out from the loom going to the relays on the left of the battery? does that connect to the battery? -

Next on the right side

just above the right corner of the battery is a thin black wire with red plastic part near the end and a circular connector to bolt on, it comes a short distance off the loom and was going to attach it to the right +ve terminal except on using my voltmeter checking continuity and it bleeps when connecting with the left side 2 black wirse/metal bracket that goes onto the -ve terminal. ? so is this another frame earth connection, and if so where does it connect to?
To he left of this is a tiny black plastic block that I cannot find anywhere for it to fit, could this be part of the Spyball alarm?

You guys on this site were a big help earlier this year when I was struggling with the closing shims, so hope someone can help this time. Electrics is not one of my strong points.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the helpful reply and posting your photos. Will put No 4 onto the inlet stud - so glad that I checked since I almost stuck it straight onto the +ve battery terminal!
On the left I figure the No 3 goes onto the Reg/Rect and then No 2 sould show continuity and then will put it back to the -ve terminal - so I'll have 4 wires on the left battery terminal which is 1 more than on your photo but I can't figure out where else the No 2 attaches unless also onto an inlet stud?

·
Registered
654 Posts
Looking at your photo could No1 be the earth that locates behind the engine breather?
as you have had the engine out just a thought.

brian.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts