Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was the first day i've ridden the new bike and actually got stuck in boston traffic. And since today was nice out not cold like its usually been, i watch the needle hit 210+ and had to pull over and let it sit for a lil.

Its my first duc so i'm not familiar with their setups, and the repair manual i ordered hasn't arrived yet.

And i know the fan is not kicking on and i haven't had the chance to check out anything, can anyone PLEASE point me in the right direction?

any help much appreciated.

thanks,
-duey

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
have no fear Duey....make Huey and Louie push the bike for ya......okay...enough with the bad joke....

there have been a few threads in the past about modifying the fan switch on those bikes to switch on sooner and so forth...so hopefully one of those fine experienced gentleman can pop up with direct links...in the meantime...later I will paruse the old archives forum and see if I can come up with anything for ya!

·
Premium Member
8,765 Posts
Its in the archives, Mark Buckelew did a good piece on it. Seems simple enough, even for someone like me!

210? I wouldn't worry about that unless someone says otherwise. I've hit 210 and more in the summer all the time.

The fan switch is a great help, from what I hear.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok thanks guys i wouldn't have asked w/out searching but i found it finally. But it ended up being a bad fuse, i looked real quick but it at first it didn't look blown til i pulled the fuse out to look at it up close.

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
If everything is in proper working order and your bike still runs hot (like mine did here in Sacramento).

This is a bolt on switch that turns on the fan earlier:
http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myProducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=139%7CDucati%20Electrical&productID=3368&showDetail=1&categoryID=142|748%2D998%20Electrical&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=168%7CEuropean%20Motorcycle%20Parts

This oversixe aluminum fan helps:
http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myProducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=139|Ducati%20Electrical&productID=462&showdetail=1&categoryID=16|Ducati%204%20Valve&filterFor=&collection=168%7CEuropean%20Motorcycle%20Parts&collection=

and so does this coolant:
http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myProducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=139|Ducati%20Electrical&productID=4637&showdetail=1&categoryID=789|Coolant&filterFor=&collection=168%7CEuropean%20Motorcycle%20Parts&collection=

·
Senior Moment
1,474 Posts
duey said:
Today was the first day i've ridden the new bike and actually got stuck in boston traffic. And since today was nice out not cold like its usually been, i watch the needle hit 210+ and had to pull over and let it sit for a lil.

Its my first duc so i'm not familiar with their setups, and the repair manual i ordered hasn't arrived yet.

And i know the fan is not kicking on and i haven't had the chance to check out anything, can anyone PLEASE point me in the right direction?

any help much appreciated.

thanks,
-duey
a '95 916, you can put a very simple switch in-line to the temp sensor - cost you less than $5.

there are also other coolants that do a hell of a job.

As for the electrical issue - I'd suggest going through your fuse holders (especially the one for the fuel pump (under the seat) and all the connectors and clean them up and put some dielectric grease in them. Lots of problems are related to corroded connectors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.