Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a Roof Boxer V08, and recently purchased a Vemar CKQI. The Boxer is great, but a bit loud on the highway. I've heard a lot of good things about the Vemar (fitting well for those with a more round head), and purchased one on a whim. Looking forward to seeing how it fits, and it has a removable chin bar!

Roof Boxer V8

Vemar CKQI

·
Registered
182 Posts
Arai black frost profile

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Suomy Vandal Bayliss Championship LE

1250g - incredible fit - loud as F:eek:K

Edit: (I also have a Dainese aircourse. don't wear it much anymore...)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Currently, I use the AGV Ti-Tech Agostini replica.

.....sometimes I use the Arai Barry Sheene replica.

....and occasionally I use the Reevu, rear vision helmet

·
Registered
704 Posts
Standard gloss black Shoei Rf1000. Sorry don't have any pictures but it is the plain jane variety and isn't very interesting to look at.

·
Registered
44 Posts
im a standard gloss black Shoei too! only thing i could get my big head into.
no picts either, since you've seen 'em everywhere. although, i wish it were silver now.
oh well.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Shoei RF-800 in Pearl metallic. Nice hat, but gettin' old and probably needs replacin'.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Arai Phil Read and a Dainese Airstream Course

2006 PS1000LE

·
Registered
602 Posts
If your head is the correct shape, its hard to beat an Arai....

·
Registered
68 Posts
silly question

How do you pronounce Arai? Being from Oklahoma we talk a little funny anyway, but is it A-Ray or A-Ry or A-Raw or ah-ree?

·
unM0derator
2,853 Posts
Shoei gloss black multitec. I got a red one for my ST, and decided I liked the flip face.

Shoei fits my head the best.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Another plain jane RF-1000 here, which replaced my previous RF-800. Great lids, for those of us with Arai-shaped noggins but without the thick wallets to match.

Question though - even though the Shoei is supposedly quite quiet, I absolutely can not wear earplugs (strange shaped ear canal - they won't stay in!), and am concerned for my hearing. Anyone ever modifed a Shoei to increase the noise protection? Are there other brands with similar fit that are quieter?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts