Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

helmet recommendations

1305 Views 7 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Jus_Livin
sorry, new to the motorcycle thing. seems i say that alot on here :D

is there any real difference in safety between a $150 hjc and a $600 suomy? is there any need for an 1R rated helmet? the nice suomy's are kevlar i believe, i know that is lighter, but worth the $? or is it mostly a comfort thing? finally, what do some of you use and how do you like it. thanks, paul
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1,687 Posts
forget about money....get what fits your melon correctly....what is more important?...protecting your melon or what is left in your wallet afterward?....because replacement heads don't come cheap!!!....I took my wife to 4 different dealers to try on helmets because they all carried different things....and got what fits her correctly...in the end...it ended up being an Arai Signet GT by mere happenstance...I guess I have a more generic head fitment compared to her...I have an Arai Quantum II,a Shoei X-Tec,and a Schuberth S1 (just recently picked it up on sale!)...and I wear them all for different reasons and different riding!....the point is though....fitment should be your number 1 priority...cause if it doesn't fit you correctly...then it isn't gonna do what it is designed to do to help in protecting you!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.