Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to clean up my stuff in My room-the Garage-helmets and gear all over the place. Anyone have or know where to purchase a helmet rack that can be mounted on wall. Googled helmet rack and only got one that looked sturdy and simple on ebay-uk. Holds one helmet and lower hook for jacket.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Talk to this guy :D

If that's too extensive for you, try these and some hooks from Home Depot for the jackets.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i simply append them in my wardrobe.. i've a big wardrobe and there's a part where i store my suit, boots, helmet and all technical equipment.
the only difficult thing is to find a hanger that is strong enought to hold the pants... :D:D

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have a wire shelf that I mounted a hunk of pvc pipe on to hold hangers. Helmets gloves on the shelf jackets/suits on hangers. Works perfect.

·
Registered
759 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Got just the thing

Would like to clean up my stuff in My room-the Garage-helmets and gear all over the place. Anyone have or know where to purchase a helmet rack that can be mounted on wall. Googled helmet rack and only got one that looked sturdy and simple on ebay-uk. Holds one helmet and lower hook for jacket.
Go to Home Depot or Lowes and get a 3' wide by 6' tall "Wardrobe Cabinet". Takes 1 hour to assemble. Second one takes 20 minutes. I have one on each side of garage (one for Beemer, one for Ducati) mount this 6 inches off the garage floor (for easy floor cleaning). It has a shelf pole for your jacket and pants (holds all my stuff and wifes) and a great shelf above which holds two helmets side by side w/ enough room for a pair of boots in the middle. OR put the boots on the bottom shelf. Gloves, hemets, pants, even a couple of seldom used dress shirts fit in this beauty.
COST: approx $100

·
Registered
608 Posts
Go to Home Depot or Lowes and get a 3' wide by 6' tall "Wardrobe Cabinet". Takes 1 hour to assemble. Second one takes 20 minutes. I have one on each side of garage (one for Beemer, one for Ducati) mount this 6 inches off the garage floor (for easy floor cleaning). It has a shelf pole for your jacket and pants (holds all my stuff and wifes) and a great shelf above which holds two helmets side by side w/ enough room for a pair of boots in the middle. OR put the boots on the bottom shelf. Gloves, hemets, pants, even a couple of seldom used dress shirts fit in this beauty.
COST: approx $100
FORGOT to say: Of course, this has doors to keep all dust and junk out. Perfect

·
Registered
95 Posts
I took out the wire rack stuff and went with reasonably priced silver and black lockers from Menards. Holds all my gear and keeps stuff neat and safe from the critters (mice).

Geoff

·
Registered
5,185 Posts
Here's an ingenious one: introducing the helmet hitch

It's copied after a Cord On Blue cord holder.

Mark H.

thanks! just ordered four.

as for hangers strong enough to hold heavy jackets or suits, I just use two plastic or three wire ones. Can't get any cheaper or simpler.

·
Registered
5,185 Posts
I do not know the geologic makeup of AZ but unless you're worried about 6.0+ earthquake these will hang a helmet just as well as anything else. Unless you live in a tent or cardboard box. Or an A-frame home. Or possibly on an exterior wall and live in the Great Plains.

Anyhow, just for the sake of science, when I unpacked them today, I got every helmet in the house, 'hooked' them on while holding the hanger in my hand, and shook them to mimic an earthquake. They stayed on. I needed hangers for my helmets and these hang helmets. Pleased.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts