Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like to clean up my stuff in My room-the Garage-helmets and gear all over the place. Anyone have or know where to purchase a helmet rack that can be mounted on wall. Googled helmet rack and only got one that looked sturdy and simple on ebay-uk. Holds one helmet and lower hook for jacket.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i simply append them in my wardrobe.. i've a big wardrobe and there's a part where i store my suit, boots, helmet and all technical equipment.
the only difficult thing is to find a hanger that is strong enought to hold the pants... :D:D

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have a wire shelf that I mounted a hunk of pvc pipe on to hold hangers. Helmets gloves on the shelf jackets/suits on hangers. Works perfect.

·
Registered
823 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Got just the thing

Would like to clean up my stuff in My room-the Garage-helmets and gear all over the place. Anyone have or know where to purchase a helmet rack that can be mounted on wall. Googled helmet rack and only got one that looked sturdy and simple on ebay-uk. Holds one helmet and lower hook for jacket.
Go to Home Depot or Lowes and get a 3' wide by 6' tall "Wardrobe Cabinet". Takes 1 hour to assemble. Second one takes 20 minutes. I have one on each side of garage (one for Beemer, one for Ducati) mount this 6 inches off the garage floor (for easy floor cleaning). It has a shelf pole for your jacket and pants (holds all my stuff and wifes) and a great shelf above which holds two helmets side by side w/ enough room for a pair of boots in the middle. OR put the boots on the bottom shelf. Gloves, hemets, pants, even a couple of seldom used dress shirts fit in this beauty.
COST: approx $100

·
Registered
606 Posts
Go to Home Depot or Lowes and get a 3' wide by 6' tall "Wardrobe Cabinet". Takes 1 hour to assemble. Second one takes 20 minutes. I have one on each side of garage (one for Beemer, one for Ducati) mount this 6 inches off the garage floor (for easy floor cleaning). It has a shelf pole for your jacket and pants (holds all my stuff and wifes) and a great shelf above which holds two helmets side by side w/ enough room for a pair of boots in the middle. OR put the boots on the bottom shelf. Gloves, hemets, pants, even a couple of seldom used dress shirts fit in this beauty.
COST: approx $100
FORGOT to say: Of course, this has doors to keep all dust and junk out. Perfect

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Here's an ingenious one: introducing the helmet hitch

It's copied after a Cord On Blue cord holder.

Mark H.

thanks! just ordered four.

as for hangers strong enough to hold heavy jackets or suits, I just use two plastic or three wire ones. Can't get any cheaper or simpler.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
I do not know the geologic makeup of AZ but unless you're worried about 6.0+ earthquake these will hang a helmet just as well as anything else. Unless you live in a tent or cardboard box. Or an A-frame home. Or possibly on an exterior wall and live in the Great Plains.

Anyhow, just for the sake of science, when I unpacked them today, I got every helmet in the house, 'hooked' them on while holding the hanger in my hand, and shook them to mimic an earthquake. They stayed on. I needed hangers for my helmets and these hang helmets. Pleased.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.