Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

This might sound a bit odd but I'm looking for a certain helmet...

Bell Bullitt Carbon in Candy Blue

It was a limited edition run and I can't seem to find one anywhere in the states. A few of the sites in Europe have them but I don't have any experience buying from overseas. Since a lot of you people travel/have used sites from other countries, would anyone know of a company I can look into? Thanks in advance.

jeff

P.S. I know what some of you may be thinking..."Why does this idiot want that helmet. Just go buy one that's available here."

It kinda has sentimental emotions behind it. As a prior service member, it represents the colors of my branch...hehehe

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I have purchased multiple helmets from European sellers and had them shipped to the States with complete success. If you want it this bad, just buy it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Elk,

The point wasn't whether buying it or not but rather what places some of you guys have used to make purchases overseas. A "hey Jeff, I've used so and so from the UK" or "hey Jeff, try so and so from Spain" would've been helpful.

Jeff

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
To be more explicit, you state " A few of the sites in Europe have them." As I indicated, I have had great experience buying helmets from overseas. That is, I am encouraging you to do so as well. There are many, many choices.

I am not going to repeat your search, try to find the helmet, and attempt to determine with which you would be most comfortable doing business. That's your job.

If you want feedback on a particular business that carries the helmet, post who they are and ask.

I am sorry my initial response was too indirect.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Ive ordered before from FC Moto,Motardinn and Urbanrider all Euro based companies without any issues. I checked they dont have that helmet in that combination.
Of all of the ones you listed
Casques de moto et scooter - Paris - La Centrale du Casque
Looks legit. Brick and mortar store, its on google maps. Cant see how you would go wrong with them.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I was in a similar situation as you but with the TT paint scheme Bullitt. Fortunately one popped up on ebay and I was able to snag it.

I have ordered from European sites in the past without issue. None that sell what you are looking for, so I cant recommend a specific one (sorry).

One word of caution for you though, if the helmets are drop-shipped (i.e. shipped directly from the manufacturer), a website might show it as available, but if the manufacturer doesn't have it, you aren't going to get it. Not usually a big deal since they just refund you. That's not really specific to a European site either; I have gotten drop shipped merch from US based places like Revzilla or Motorcycle Superstore before. Two of my helmets came that way. For instance, if you order this one https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ebh-7073831/overview/, my money says you won't get it.

From my searches for the TT, it seems that with helmets like these that are not high volume sellers, a lot of places don't keep them in stock and opt for the drop ship (or to order them if at a store/dealer). It just doesn't make financial sense for the retailers. The end result is finding one that's been discontinued can be extremely difficult. YMMV.

Another option to consider... Assuming you aren't necessarily looking for the carbon fiber version, but more so the paint scheme, you could always look into the total cost of buying a plain one and getting custom paint job done. No clue what that would cost, never looked into it. The scheme we are talking isn't overly complex so I can't imagine it would too far off of the $200 difference in the carbon vs plain Bullitt. But that is pure speculation.

Good luck with your search!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts