Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a 46 year old machinist from Georgia. I have been riding since I was 5, and riding street since 1994. I've done dirt, street, track, dual-sport, adventure, and touring... enjoy a bit of it all. I currently have a 2005 DL1000 V-Strom, an naked-ized 1997 TL1000S, and a 1990 HawkGT 650. I am planning on buying another bike in the spring with my annual bonus, and like to fully research purchases. I'm looking at either a 996/998 or a 1098/1198, mostly for mountain runs, and a few track days. So, I came here for info and maybe a bit of advice. I like the classic 916 styling of the 996/8 bikes a little more, but not enough difference to be a deciding factor. Outright power isn't all that important, but response, tractability, and rideability are. I'm an old, porky, used-to-be-pretty-fast guy. I'm spoiled on good suspension. Both the Strom and the Hawk have Penske double-clickers and reworked forks, and the TL is up for suspension work soon... so if either series has noteably better suspension, that's important. I do have a 10-12k budget to work within, so any R models are gonna be a no-go. So... anyway... here I am, hide the sheep and the bourbon.

·
comrade moderator
27,342 Posts
"Hide the sheep and bourbon" !! LOL!! Yessir, you're gonna fit in here perfectly!

Welcome to the forum! You have great taste in motorcycles - your Hawk sounds wonderful (once an owner, always a fan).

If you could, please fill out your location info in the "UserCP" and add your current bikes to your signature line,and happy hunting for the right Ducati! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts