Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm Matt. I live in England and I have a black 2005 ST3. My first non Japanese bike, I've had it a bit over a year and its my daily drive - I commute by bike year round. I haven't done many long trips on it, which is a shame as the few I have managed have shown it likes the sweeping open roads rather than town riding. Its got about 35,000 miles on it (last 6000 by me), and so far I've done the belts, plugs, headraces, fork oil, put a Scottoiler on it, and swapped out some horrid wavy brake discs for EBCs. The bike it stock and came with factory panniers but I fitted a Givi top box for every day use. Currently trying to resolve the factory/Givi full luggage conundrum! I put some aftermarket black levers on, and came up against the clutch lever pivot problem. I ended up making a brass one. I need to blog about that to get pics out there for all.

The gears seem quite clunky, and finding neutral can be tricky. Except once when I got a false between 1&2, on a roundabout, which was "interesting". So I'm investigating the clutch. See Qs in Sportstourer section once my subscription has activated.

Cheers!

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
10,205 Posts
Hello. Welcome to the club of orphan owners. ;) The ST3 is the only Ducati 3-valve motor. It's an interesting creature.

Enjoy the site. See you in the ST section.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts