Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I just recently acquired a 1998 Ducati ST2 from my father-in law for free. I have several Yamaha Maxims (XJ) that I do all the services on. I don't know anything about Ducati bikes except they are very nice to ride so I am looking forward to getting this one running. It has some work that needs to be done. It doesn't start and has no display when you turn the key on. Just nothing happens.

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
Hello all. I just recently acquired a 1998 Ducati ST2 from my father-in law for free. I have several Yamaha Maxims (XJ) that I do all the services on. I don't know anything about Ducati bikes except they are very nice to ride so I am looking forward to getting this one running. It has some work that needs to be done. It doesn't start and has no display when you turn the key on. Just nothing happens.
I see you made you first post, welcome! Try posting this in the ST forum, they maybe able to help.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Max. Scott helped me out with getting to post. I will post in the ST forum. I tried all you suggested and no luck so the shop has it now and are supposed to look at it tomorrow and let me know something. Thanks for all your help. I still want to hang in your back pocket for the valve adjustment lesson. Talk to you later.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Max,
I can't seem to post anything in the ST forum, just in the welcome forum. Do the 25 posts have to be in the welcome and introduction forum before being able to post anywhere else? Should I ask Scott, the gentlemen that helped me be able to post? Thanks Larry

·
comrade moderator
26,748 Posts
No, your one post here should be enough.However when you registered back in October, you were sent an email with a link to follow. Did you do that?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought I did. Scott has been helping me to get to post. He pm'd me and said I should be good to go but I cant post in the ST forum.

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
If you have Scott and CHUCKERASER helping you it will be resovled quickly. Let us know what they find on the bike.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts