Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am in Cleveland Ohio. I'm 45 years old and after never riding I got the bug while watching 450 Motocross. That was 2013. I then read all of the preeminent sport bike books that I could get my hands on at the library. I also purchased Motorcycle Dynamics by Vittore Cossalter to learn the physics of it all. (That book is awesome by the way!) After studying vigorously, I went to the MSF and took the beginner course on a Yamaha TW200. About two-thirds of the class, even some riding for years, failed the evaluation the first time. I was surprised but learned a little about the motorcycling community at large that day. I did pass and got my endorsement. That was very exciting.

In 2014 I was dreaming about bikes, but did not really anticipate getting one soon as we were considering a move. I was however checking out some cool bikes such as a used FZ1 and the newer FZ8. A buddy talked a little about Honda's and their spectacular refinement. I found they had a V4 sport bike, the VFR800, and I fell in love with it. In Craigslist there was a red 1999 model (before VTEC, with gear driven cams, and prior to catalytic converters.) I went and bought it without doing any due diligence. It was a garage queen, looking almost new, but had sat for years, had old fluids, a dented wheel, and a bad charging system. Ugh. A couple thousand bucks later, my independent mechanic who is meticulous cleaned every bit of gunk out with a toothbrush. The bike is now glorious to ride. The V4 motor is a true rush. I love it every time I get on it. I am truly frustrated that it is covered and on its center stand for a couple more of the winter months.

I began riding in 2014 and had a nice complete riding season in 2015. (It started with nothing but rain, but once that cleared up, the year was great.) I have been having an absolute blast. Riding is in fact all it is cracked up to be. I am a systems analyst under high pressure constantly, and being able to get on the bike some nights and weekends has been a very nice relief from the rigours of daily life.

Like many of you I quickly developed the bug to have a second bike. Some call this "n+1". Not too much out there tickles my fancy. I am a pretty particular guy, and after considering many of the bikes available, I look at the Monster and think it is absolutely beautiful. So I will now post in the Monster forum and look forward to fun conversation and learning a bit about what makes you particular people tick.

Thanks,
Knight

·
Super Moderator
5,079 Posts
Great intro Knight! Hope you find your Monster soon and welcome to the forum!

When you get a chance, can you please add your location information to your user profile (the User CP)? Thanks!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great intro Knight! Hope you find your Monster soon and welcome to the forum!

When you get a chance, can you please add your location information to your user profile (the User CP)? Thanks!
Done, thanks for the reminder.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Welcome , Enjoy !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts