Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! Just went on my first long ride today 250+ miles around southern California. Here is my welcome and intro thread for some history...http://www.ducati.ms/forums/165-welcome-introduction/151009-new-hm1100-owner.html boring i know, but I'm here to learn. All I can say is I am soooo happy and pleased with this bike. I came from an R6 and don't regret a thing. I wish I had bought one of these from the start!

Here are 3 pics from today (meet up with some people on reddit)

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
Looks like fun. Stay safe and enjoy the forum. Lot's of great info!

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Yes a lot of fun and just so easy to ride.
I did about 3 tanks of fuel on my local twisties today.
Didn't see a sole and that's how I like it.

Attachments

·
Registered
532 Posts
Yea you can be sure of this one thing that the more you get out on it the more you will like it. These are unique bikes and you either like them or loath them.

·
1st Gen Hypermotard Hooligan
992 Posts
Welcome to the site! Nice bike, it looks like you were the envy of your friends that day. :D

·
Registered
218 Posts
C'mon Darsey, how could anyone not love a hyper? :eek:

Even those who aren't sure are converted after a quick ride, well I was :D
I'll be honest and say I love the look of my R6 way more but when you're riding a bike you can't tell a damn thing about how good it looks. All I can say is I think I'll be keeping this bike for a LONG time.

I'm hoping that if I take her in for the big services and perform the minor ones that she'll return the favor.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

all that comfort, fresh air and torque:)
Making me drool...

Welcome to the site! Nice bike, it looks like you were the envy of your friends that day. :D
I don't want brag but haha

·
Registered
449 Posts
C'mon Darsey, how could anyone not love a hyper? :eek:

Even those who aren't sure are converted after a quick ride, well I was :D
Ditto. I find those who knock the HM, usually have never ridden one to be able to justify comments. Or have and say they are no good just to feel better about the inferior bike they actually own :think:

BTW welcome WrathMXer and enjoy.

·
Registered
757 Posts
The look of the hyper will grow on you. Personally I like the hyper better plus the position is much more comfortable. Congrats!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the love guys! The look is growing on me, don't get me wrong, I still think its a pretty machine. BUT...damn is it one fun machine and super comfy!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thanks for the love guys! The look is growing on me, don't get me wrong, I still think its a pretty machine. BUT...damn is it one fun machine and super comfy!
Keep your R6 too. I kept mine and enjoy taking it out every now and then, you know mixing it up :D

Horses for courses...or something like that

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Keep your R6 too. I kept mine and enjoy taking it out every now and then, you know mixing it up :D

Horses for courses...or something like that
I'd love to, but the lady doesn't even like me having one. Maybe down the road :D

·
Registered
210 Posts
Congrats! I hope you enjoy your Hyper as much as I do mine.

I love my Hyper. I went from a 998 to my 2012 1100sp. Still getting used to the looks, but compared to my 998, the Hyper is SOOO much more fun to ride! I actually am faster on it than I was on the 998, it's more comfortable, much more user friendly.

It's cool to hang with superbikes in the twisties, and also to instantly speed up and hang with faster bikes on the freeway. They don't expect a supermoto style bike to hang at 90 lol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The Hyper really is one of the most fun bikes to ride. Great performance and comfort too. A great combo.

·
Registered
124 Posts
It's cool to hang with superbikes in the twisties, and also to instantly speed up and hang with faster bikes on the freeway. They don't expect a supermoto style bike to hang at 90 lol.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly great conversation tool at the gas resting stop. Such an easy bike to flick around in the twisties and the exahust grumble in canyons is music to my ears.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts