Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I've been wanting a Monster for quite a while and am finally pulling the trigger. I rode a v-rod for a few years, but kept scraping the foot pegs trying to be sporty and ended up selling it.

I'm looking at a 2018 821, but I also saw a "new" 2017 821 for $2,000 off. It seems the big differences between 2018 and 2017 for the 821 are the color TFT instrument screen and redesigned tank and passenger seat cover. Is there anything else I'm forgetting or aren't considering?

The new instrument panel is really nice, but not sure that by itself is worth 2k. Convince me one way or the other.... :nerd:

Thanks in advance for everyone's help!

Tom

PS - I tried to post the question in the Monster forum but I'm guessing because I'm new I don't have permissions to post there yet.

·
Administrator
13,097 Posts
Hi Tom and welcome to Ducati.ms! You should be all set to post in the Monster forum section now. :)

·
Registered
7,682 Posts
An instrument cluster wouldn’t be worth 2 grand to me, not even if it was really nice. If you can find any road tests or sales literature on the newer bike, they usually will make a big deal about improvements from the previous model. Then you’ll know if that’s the only difference.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Scott!

An instrument cluster wouldn’t be worth 2 grand to me, not even if it was really nice. If you can find any road tests or sales literature on the newer bike, they usually will make a big deal about improvements from the previous model. Then you’ll know if that’s the only difference.
Thanks - I think I've worn out the internet checking out the differences and reviews online. They gave me a great price on the 2018 along with 0% offers from Ducati that I went with the '18. Picking her up on Tuesday :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts