Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It all started in September when I dropped my SFS off at Beverly Hills Ducati for its 600 mile service, as I was leaving the parts guy (Greg) asked if I wanted to fit a full Termi system they were about to receive.

I know now I should have said "no thanks", but I didn't.

That evening, in panic I had just blown my money for nothing, I was researching full Termi opinions and found this forum. Have been a constant lurker since, trying to get my next fix on what parts can be added or modified. I often wish I had never taken this route and was content to ride an amazing, stock, rocket-like bike, rather than spend a small fortune on trying to create a different, even more rocket-like bike.

At first I only wanted performance related parts but then my ego and vanity took hold when I was informed I could make the forks black, that was it for me. The end of sanity.

Since I dropped the bike off in LA in late September I have taken over 20 flights, been to 11 different cities around the world and relocated to NYC (just in time for winter!) I have only seen the bike in person once when BHD kindly dropped it off to my hotel on a day visit back to LA (I excused myself from a meeting blaming it on previous nights dinner to go look and take pictures) and have been making all other choices from emailed images. Can tell you nothing as exciting as receiving updated images when jet-lagged in Shanghai, or discussing the pros and cons of carbon wheels over dinner with a girlfriend in Chicago. Not that I think my colleagues or girlfriend perhaps shared my enthusiasm.

I am posting now, not for opinions on whether I made the right decisions, as lets face it we all have different opinions and some will praise, others will criticize, but to show members and lurkers how the bike looks with the choices I made. For me this was the hardest part, what will the body work look like painted? How much is too much carbon? what mirrors? Ahhhh, the mirrors, like an endless, internet searching, headache solved only by the original post from UKStreetfighter with his Tomok's fitted. The list could go on.

(Before anyone comments, I know it still has the frame stickers on, they were left on as the bike was going to be re-registered in NY and apparently easier with them as factory intended)

Thanks (I guess) to Greg and Luis for bleeding me dry (and continuing to do so)

I hope this post cures me, but I doubt it, Jack

Attachments

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Very nice - post the pics in the "stick" thread. I really like the blacked out appearance and especially the pipes. What kind of coating is on the exhaust pipes?

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
Post this in the Streetfighter pics section. It is at the top of the forum!

Looks great save for the frame stickers (as you know;))

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
Very nice - post the pics in the "stick" thread. I really like the blacked out appearance and especially the pipes. What kind of coating is on the exhaust pipes?
Wow, it took me two minutes to type my response...you beat me.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
See the black pipes...Thats what i,m talkin about. They are booked in over xmas.

Welcome & nice heelguard

·
Registered
155 Posts
wow, looks great. I was tempted to get a white one with the black frame then trade my buddy the white bodywork for his black bodywork to make a blacked out bike.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Absolutely beautiful!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Confess fella's BH Ducati got me the guard as I didn't want the normal carbon version, think they have them made up as not seen it anywhere else (but don't know for sure)

Silvrsled. Assuming you are not concerned about DTC or Ohlins advise buying the black frame standard version and switching the tank as I looked into getting the frame painted, is tricky time consuming work and really not cheap.....

·
Registered
178 Posts
Confess fella's BH Ducati got me the guard as I didn't want the normal carbon version, think they have them made up as not seen it anywhere else (but don't know for sure)

Silvrsled. Assuming you are not concerned about DTC or Ohlins advise buying the black frame standard version and switching the tank as I looked into getting the frame painted, is tricky time consuming work and really not cheap.....
Damn Knight, you might not have seen the bike much, but I looked at the son of a bitch every day! And I know where you got the idea for the blacked out forks, painted headlight surround, and all ;).

Haha, just messing with you but Greg and Lewis keep busting my balls because you have stuff done to yours that I didn't do...your bike looks great though!!

·
Blame the universe not the tank!
3,234 Posts
very well done. your next goal should be to do nothing more and just ride the thing! For me, I enjoy adding bits, riding it... add more bits or changes... ride more. That way I know Im going in the right direction. As far as looks go, those changes should be done all at once like you did... very fitting name... now ya gotta get the dark knight riding suit!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ha, Uthatch, yep, confess they showed me your forks and found your original thread on this site with pictures. Sort of set the ball rolling :)

Think you are on the list in front of me for the DP CF intakes so looks like will have to keep following in your wake, for now.......

Appreciate comments and next time you see it let me know if there is anything I missed (other than stickers) ;) Plan to fly back to LA soon just to take it for a spin and enjoy!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Ha, Uthatch, yep, confess they showed me your forks and found your original thread on this site with pictures. Sort of set the ball rolling :)

Think you are on the list in front of me for the DS CF intakes so looks like will have to keep following in your wake, for now.......

Appreciate comments and next time you see it let me know if there is anything I missed (other than stickers) ;) Plan to fly back to LA soon just to take it for a spin and enjoy!

Yeah! I've been waiting for those damn intakes since before I had the bike!

I'm sure I'll see you around since I'm there all the time. I was hoping to take a ride this weekend myself since I have to go back to the East Coast for Christmas too. Nice weather, eh? Especially loved the freezing rain there yesterday morning while I was trying to get to the airport.

Anyway, your bike looks great...get riding it!!

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
That really is a cracking bike - congratulations!

Any chance you could give us the low-down on all the mods. conducted?

Cheers in advance!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Nice work!! I have never thought for one second I made the wrong choice in colour before, but I feel I may change my mind now seeing your Blacked out Black one:crazy: It looks stunning, What finnish have you used on the termi's etc ?
Glad you chose your mirrors based on what mine look like, I wander if I am going to return the compliment by haveing mine Blacked out:eek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts