Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I've been riding for about 5 years. I learned on a beat up 99 Honda CB. I quickly moved onto a GSXR600 for the past 4 years, and ever since I was able to try out my friends Ducati Streetfighter, I fell in love!

My other good friend recently purchased a Ducati Scrambler and I had more fun riding around on the streets with that than my own motorcycle! (But to be honest, it lacked the power I was used to even though it's tons of fun!)

Well today, I finally caved and purchased a 2015 Ducati Streetfighter 848...in that beautiful Italian Red! >:)

It was leftover stock that my local Dealer couldn't sell and I got a hell of a deal on it :D

I've already ordered the usual (at least to me) Fender Eliminator and Frame Sliders.

I'm undecided on which SC Project slip on I'd like. Leaning towards the GP M2, but I'm not sure how it will run without a tune. I've reached out to them for an honest opinion from a manufacturer.

Thank you and I hope to contribute in anyway and come here to learn some things!

-Michael

P.S. The ride home was brutal. It was about a 30mile trip and my finger tips have felt frozen for the past 3 hours.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
a) Congratulations and welcome.
b) Nice choice.
c) What was the temperature?
d) The secret to cold weather riding is heated gloves. I put a Powerlet plug on my Monster, and with the gloves plugged into that, and layering of clothing and gear, I can ride pretty comfortably for an hour at 20F.
e) The secrets to happy Ducati ownership are to keep up with the maintenance, ride it and don't let it rot, and carefully consider your modifications.

PhilB

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a) Congratulations and welcome.
b) Nice choice.
c) What was the temperature?
d) The secret to cold weather riding is heated gloves. I put a Powerlet plug on my Monster, and with the gloves plugged into that, and layering of clothing and gear, I can ride pretty comfortably for an hour at 20F.
e) The secrets to happy Ducati ownership are to keep up with the maintenance, ride it and don't let it rot, and carefully consider your modifications.

PhilB
Thank you Phil!

Temperature was at 34F when I arrived at the dealer, and 28F when I was riding home. My gloves are more spring/summer oriented since I never ride in the winter...it was truly horrible. It took about 30min to regain feelings in my fingertips.

I've been told you can't treat it like a jap bike, and maintenance is key. I'm meticulous and document all, so I don't think this should be too far out of my norm.

I like small and tasteful mods. I think out of the factory this is a truly beautiful, yet aggressively styled machine that I love! The above mods are really all that come to mine...but then again when you get the itch...sometimes more will happen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts