Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got my first Ducati a few Months ago here in New Orleans, LA, USA - A 2017 Multistrada 1200S that was just sitting at the dealership begging for someone to take her. Have had a few issues right out of the chute of course - like a bad fuel level sensor (replaced under warranty already) and a few other minors things that have now been worked out. Absolutely love the bike. Got to tour the Ducati factory earlier in the year while in Bologna and that's when I was bitten but the Ducati bug. I have a few simple-to-do mods I would love to share that I have done. Like a simple way to mount the Garmin Zumo 396LMT GPS on the stock Ducati mount (unfortunately made specifically for the older Zumo 350 where the mounting bracket is in the vertical orientation). This is not only a huge savings but allows use of the newer GPS unit that is now only around $299! I have also figured out a simple way to have it locked in place and removable only if you know the secret. This obviates the need for the expensive and bulky locking contraptions. I also have a neat modification to the Ducati Urban kit tank bag that adds 3 weather proof USB ports to the outside for powering phone, GoPro, helmet com device, etc (see the Pics).

Attachments

·
Administrator
12,975 Posts
Hi and welcome. I also took a trip to Italy and ended up getting the bug way back in 2002. Head over to our Multi forum and you should get the answers to you questions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts