Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Ducati Multistrada 1200s Touring
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello fellow Ducati riders!

A little about how I acquired the bike. I was not even looking to buy this one as it was at a friends house kind of scraped up on both sides. The guy (Dave) I bought it from lives in Florida and we have a mutual friend (Scott T) that lives close to me. I was just visiting Scott and casually started inquiring about it. On one vacation trip, Dave slid down on either side and Scott offered to fix it. But before it was fixed, I started low balling him kinda not thinking he would even nibble. He countered $2K above me and I only had to go up $750 from my original offer. The bike only had 4311 miles on it. I replaced the damage pieces with carbon fiber as it already had a decent amount installed when purchased. It is now about 90% carbon fiber. Wasn't my first choice, but it does look great in the sun and the pieces were cheaper than OEM. Anyways, I'm here to learn and hang out a bit.

The bike as purchased came with a dealership installed Ducati alarm system and all of the Ducati hard panniers as well.
I have installed a decat and used the factory tip. Also has a Tuneboy tune on it. I've added the Tuneboy quick shift and cruise control with add-on buttons, but can't get those to work. I'll hunt around and see if anyone has solutions.

Now has a short Puig windscreen on it. The other one felt like it was in my face too much

·
Registered
'99 Ducati 750ss-cafe
13 Posts
Love that carbon fiber! I bought a 990 super duke that had the front fairing scraped up. I took it to a advertising sign shop and they wrapped it with fake vinyl carbon fiber for $75. But your real deal looks awesome! I’ll make sure I don’t park next to you if I ever get to Texas :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Love that carbon fiber! I bought a 990 super duke that had the front fairing scraped up. I took it to a advertising sign shop and they wrapped it with fake vinyl carbon fiber for $75. But your real deal looks awesome! I’ll make sure I don’t park next to you if I ever get to Texas :)
Thank you sir! Doesn’t matter if your carbon fiber isn’t genuine. I’ve seen some wraps that look pretty sweet! I appreciate the kudos! Cheers sir!

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Love the CF. Tip: use Pledge to keep it clean. Holds back UV rays that gray or whiten the CF if left out in the sun. Bonus is a lemony fresh smell as you scoot along at cruising altitude.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Love the CF. Tip: use Pledge to keep it clean. Holds back UV rays that gray or whiten the CF if left out in the sun. Bonus is a lemony fresh smell as you scoot along at cruising altitude.
Duly noted! Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts