Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I’m a new Multistrada owner. Picked up a new to me 2013 (8400 miles) with a 2014 motor (from Ducati Italy-crashed 2014 with less than 1500 miles). This bike is a joy to ride! I had a 2017 Supersport S for about 10 months and just could not get myself to fit the bike. I raised the bars with risers and bars, lowered the pegs and still could not get comfortable. My right hand would go numb after just about 20 minutes of riding. After test riding a Multi I was completely jazzed, it felt like the old days when I used to ride dirt bikes and that’s how the bike feels to me, very comfortable and no numbing! My dealer in Newport Beach told me about the 2013 that I ended up purchasing and it was a deal that was too good to pass up. So I bought it and put my Super Sport on consignment in which it sold in three weeks. I basically broke even on the Super Sport but it all worked out good.
Whoever had the Multi put some nice stuff on it, Termignoni Titanium, Ducati carbon front and rear fenders, complete Ducati guarding for radiator, cooler, and head pipe. It was a trade in, motor had a knock they couldn’t figure out so they bought the crashed 2014 and it runs great!
I can’t ride this thing enough. I’ve put 1100 miles on it in two months, I put about 2000 miles on my Super Sport in ten months!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome leros! We have a similar experience. I have a 2017 MTS950 I bought as a left over this past March. In the 2 1/2 month I had the bike I rode 4500 mi. Like you said super fast, comfy and like a dirt bike. I typically do 500 mi Sundays. I test rode a SSS and really wanted one. The demo I tried was perfect and while vibey, it didn't shake the mirrors too severely and it was really 'the one' for me. But when I went to go purchase it about 2 wks later it sold. I ended up buying the Desert Sled (and love it but seat is not that comfy after the MTS). I love the dirt capability of the DS and immediately took it to a track. Yup, kinda crazy but I needed to have some off road fun. In any case a riding buddy told me I really need to try out the Multi and so the rest is history. One short 5 min ride and I was blown away. I actually told the guy 'That bike is not made by sane people. I'll take it!!

·
Administrator
13,009 Posts
Hi and welcome to Ducati.ms. Super glad to have you roaming our halls.

Please fill in your location information in the UserCP Edit Your Details section, that can help if there might be someone local to you give a hand or find new friends to take a ride.

Reactions: leros
1 - 3 of 3 Posts