Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I thought I would introduce myself. I am a rider of 24 years (I started when I was 15 for doing the math ? ) and also have 10 years roadracing experience on the east coast (CCS) and WMRRA since I moved to the Seattle area. A couple wins in lightweight classes on SV650s and plenty of lowsides, I was young and hardheaded heh. But got out of racing for several years after a bad crash and more relevant a robbery that cleared out 4 bikes and All my tools.

Anyhow, still commute and ride my 99 speed triple and wanted to upgrade to something with better suspension (road and getting back to track days) , ABS for year round + wet riding, and more appealing for a passenger for touring. So I picked up a 2012 Multistrada Pikes Peak for a pretty good deal at Redmond Ducati yesterday. Nice bike, it was owned by one of the service techs.

So I'm now a ducatista I suppose. I had always been jealous of the guys racing 916s and 748s at the track and I may be hooked on Ducati after my first few rides on the Multi, it's amazing.

Hope to meet some cool folks and learn on the forum, I am an engineer and love to tinker and value good advice from knowledgeable and friendly crowd, hoping to find that here ?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Looks like I have to wait for approval to post to other topics - I have given a check but I am officially closing the deal (signing title) today and have an urgent question so perhaps someone will be kind enough to answer me here though it's officially off topic for an introduction post.

I am being offered a RPM One warranty - they want $1400 for *2* years starting from the day the contract is signed and they stated that the warranty can only be purchased on the day of sale since its a used bike and out of warranty. They did say they like RPMone and they pay easily. I see they also do profit sharing with the dealers and of course commission so plenty of reason to sell it to me.

Can I shop around for RPM One on a used bike with expired factory warranty, or do I really have to get it at time of purchase from the dealer? From reading I see Ever Red may have had a policy change to require purchase at the time of sale but not clear on RPM One. I'd like to give them my business but $1400 for 2 years sounds really steep so I would like some negotiating power, I plan to keep the bike and ride as close to daily as I can.

·
comrade moderator
27,254 Posts
Hi Graham and welcome to the forum. We're glad you're here!

Repost your question in the Multi section and you'll get good advice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts