Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings fellow Ducatista!

I've been lurking these forums for quite some time, decided it was about time to introduce myself. Became a Ducati fan back in 2009 when I picked up my first (semi) modern bike, a 2006 Multistrada 620; lured in by a surprisingly low secondhand prices. Learning to do most of the maintenance myself has made it the cheapest bike to own, despite some wrestling with the tank for valve checks.

After putting 50k miles on the baby Multi, contemplated my first "new" bike, a 2013 Hyperstrada still sitting on the showroom floor in 2015. The following year, I toured on the Hyper through the Canadian Rockies, Yukon, and Alaska. No faults the entire 3800 miles, except for one puncture in the middle of nowhere, which took the better part of two days to get towed into Anchorage.

Having done a long tour on a fairly cramped bike, I picked up a 2006 ST3s in the summer of 2017 in anticipation of more highway miles; I love the way it rides but it's never run quite right at low revs. It's still in need of some love before getting any serious miles.

Recently moved to Issaquah / Cougar Mountain area, if you're in the area want some help wrenching, or just want to go for a ride, hit me up sometime.

Cheers,
--Chris

·
Registered
112 Posts
Welcome Chris! I am relatively new to forum after buying a 2006 St3s in Sept. Still grinning from yesterday's 5 hr ride thru local mountains in northern california. Lot of knowledge N advice for your low rev woes on this site. I just purchased the
LT Snyder Maintenance book that includes our bike. Looking to do my first belt change myself.

·
Super Moderator
5,436 Posts
Welcome Chris and fellow ST3 owner!

You'll find a lot of info over on the ST section of the forum. The collective will get your bike running right in no time!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hey Chris, welcome to the forum! I'm in Bellevue. There's quite a few ducati guys in the area and we do meetups fairly frequently when the weather is a bit nicer.

Check out the Desmo NW group on facebook. Quite a few of us are on there.

My favorite local loop is 520 east to Redmond to 202, down to fall city, then down 90 and back to Bellevue. A bit longer and nicer route is 405N to Monroe, 203 through Duvall, Carnation, and down to fall city or into north bend, then down the pass again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts