Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi to everybody..my name is pietro,
I write from verona, and I follow the your beautiful forum..you excuse I will write' few, because' I don't know very well the English..I use a on-line translator :p

I have a ducati supersport year 2000, a little modified aesthetically..I will put a photo in the section, among your beautiful motorbikes

this is one photo..

·
Registered
240 Posts
ciao! Bella, Bella

I like your bike, Ducati's were more rare in Italy than I though.

I was just in Italy for my Ducati Factory tour....I mean my wife and I visited for our Honeymoon and made the tour part of it.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
How did you get the protective pad on the rear of the fuel tank so shiny? Is it just painted or is that a plastic piece over the molded rubber?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
original protection, and' is removed (and' attached along the inside perimeter with black silicone) and' builds above a new cover in glass resins, is alwais attached with silicone..to have in the future a reversing change..
he is not able' to leave without protection, because to the center of the reservoir there and' a small prominence (great as a cherry) of the metal... that serves for centering the protection when they glue it in factory...;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ahh..the difference of fused schedule, from me and' of 7 hours more ahead that from you...I go to bed..:D goodbye..

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
Ciao Pietro... benvenuto al forum. Ci sono altri italiani nel gruppo... anche se siamo un po' tutti sparsi per il mondo. se hai bisogno di traduzioni... let us know.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Did you ever get that screw out?

Alex,
did you ever fix that broken screw that was troubling you? Also are you in the local Wild Ducs club?

I know just how you feel but those kinds of problems are not usually insurmountable. I would be glad to help if you get something like that again.
Been shadetree wrenching for over 40 years and learning all the time. For example, I recently did the 6K check on the valves to see if I could and it was not as difficult as I thought. Luckily everything was tight and I did not have to mess with shims but I think I could do that too:)

Best regards,
Jim "Spyvito"

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
Alex,
did you ever fix that broken screw that was troubling you? Also are you in the local Wild Ducs club?

I know just how you feel but those kinds of problems are not usually insurmountable. I would be glad to help if you get something like that again.
Been shadetree wrenching for over 40 years and learning all the time. For example, I recently did the 6K check on the valves to see if I could and it was not as difficult as I thought. Luckily everything was tight and I did not have to mess with shims but I think I could do that too:)

Best regards,
Jim "Spyvito"
Hi Jim,

yes, i'm pretty active in the wildducs, although I won't be able to attend the xmas party. I sent the bolt to get machined and will probably get back next week. The broken part is still in the frame... simply haven't had time to get it fixed. Thanks for the offer... I'm definitely too hesitant to extract it myself because a mistake could mean damaging the frame (albeit in a non-critical spot).

·
Registered
7 Posts
I agree, I spent a month in Italy hoping to see more Ducs than anywhere else, but it didn't happen. Saw more HDs than Ducs. Even in bologna close to the factory, you see more japanese bikes than italians. Most of them are moped, really really really fast mopeds.

Same happened to ferraris...ive seen more here in a nice summer day than in italy the whole month

By the way...nice bike Italy73...my dream is to take mine and drive around italy on it

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
thanks to all for the reception..:D
thanks also to you alexio..(ti ringrazio..mi sono iscritto per mettere qualche mia foto nel vostro bel forum...molto piu' attivo che in italia riguardo le supersport)

I must say that in italia for road (and also on the forums) the jappos very prevail..

besides many holders ducati... snob the supersport..
I am impassioned of the motors 2v engines, for their simplicity and more performances (for use and runs that I do of it ....for me)
I have had a 750 square light before ('94 to the 2000) with which have done around 25000 miles and with this they are over the 30000 miles..

I have put 2 photos of mine ex 750, in supersport pictures..

I see in the photos of your motorbikes.. that all change the saddle,in italy nobody does it..someone rare only for comfort, with that to the gel..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts