Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Multistrada V4S
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Being new to Ducati, I am not experienced with adding on performance parts to these bikes. I would love to install a new exhaust, but I am not sure what the implications will be in doing so. As I understand it, the Ducati offeres the Akrapovic and it comes with a new engine map so as to make the engine perform optimally with said exhaust. I have done some searching online and see previous Ducati models, not just the multi, have various manufacturers building exhaust parts for these bikes. That being said, how do people handle the tuning of the bike with the non-Ducati exhausts? Does Ducati offer a generic map for after market exhaust? Do you have to install some additional parts, similar to a tuning device (Power Commander), that allows for tuning the AFR or is there another option for this such as flashing the computer? I see the Ducati offered exhausts across the spectrum are not inexpensive and although the Akra for the V4S is not too bad when comparing to other models, I'd still like to consider options, or possibilities, prior to spending $3k+ for an exhaust that I may or may not be happy with.

TIA for comments and suggestions.

·
Registered
2021 Multistrada V4S
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Being completely new to Ducati, does owning one make me (I am a male for what it's worth) a:
  • Ducatisto
  • Ducatista, or
  • Ducatisti

·
Registered
73 Posts
Any of you ever try to order from www.wrs.it? They apparently have some V4S parts I'm looking for and they ship to US.
Have you contacted their US distributor? They may be able to get things for you with cheaper shipping. Don't see the V4 on their website but it maybe worth an ask especially if you know the parts from their Italian website.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts