Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Multistrada V4S
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Ducati forum members. I am a new MTS V4S (hope I got that right) owner in Fl. I've been riding American steel for the last 15 years, all Victory motorcycles. Love the sound, power and cruising of a V-twin and it's fun cruising around town on. I have been getting up to the mid-Atlantic and North east with my bike over the last 2 years trying to enjoy some skinny twisties. My older brother has a KTM 1290 Adventure (not sure what model year) he let me ride last time we were in Tennessee. Well, I have to say that was super fun to ride. So I began looking at adventure bikes in general, and as a Ducati fan from years past (as a young man who didn't want a 998) I looked at the Multi. I saw that the new V4 was coming out and thought I would get a great price on a 1260, until I test rode the V4S. I was hooked, and now am the proud new owner of a V4S, still trying to get my break-in miles completed. Look forward to chatting with the forum, working on mods (pipes are expensive on these bikes!!!), riding this bike on the back roads and meeting up with the other Ducati fans. Cheers.

·
Administrator
12,947 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site. Your new V4S will be a joy to ride and deliver more smiles than you can imagine. ;)

Reactions: winterboy8

·
Registered
2021 Multistrada V4S
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats on the Multi. I also live in Florida and ride a 998. Maybe we can meet up sometime.
Once I get the break-in done, lol, can't keep up to crap right now.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome to the forum, winterboy8 and congrats on your V4S. You might probably be one of the few owning one on this forum... at least at this moment!

I don't know about the materials used for the dashboard on the V4S and I hope they are nothing like the ones on the MTS1200S DVT... Nevertheless, if you still didn't, I would recommend to use a screen protector before it is too late ;)

·
Registered
2021 Multistrada V4S
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the forum, winterboy8 and congrats on your V4S. You might probably be one of the few owning one on this forum... at least at this moment!

I don't know about the materials used for the dashboard on the V4S and I hope they are nothing like the ones on the MTS1200S DVT... Nevertheless, if you still didn't, I would recommend to use a screen protector before it is too late ;)
Great suggestion @Multi796, any suggestions on a screen protector for these??? Is it something you have to have custom cut? And while I'm on the topic, any suggestions on clear wrap for the panniers? I've caught myself scraping my shoe on them already, glad I was wearing sneakers!!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Great suggestion @Multi796, any suggestions on a screen protector for these??? Is it something you have to have custom cut?
Welcome to the forum @winterboy8! I'm also in FL (South FL - Miami), great to have another rider from the "land of the squared tires" in the forum.

Regarding the screen protector, I'm almost sure it's the same screen of the BMW GS's, just upside down. Check for the millions of bimmer accessory manufacturers, for sure there's something out there already. Maybe Wish or Alibaba can have it as well.

·
Registered
2021 Multistrada V4S
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did some quick googling and see that on this forum as well as online, Speedo Angels has one set up for my dash. I'll just have to keep it safe until it arrive, didn't want to pay double for faster shipping. Now to find someone to put some protection/wrap on these panniers.

And yes @fipenna, flat and straight is the FL way. Need to get past that FL/GA line to find a few curves.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I see you already found a protector for your bike. I bought mine on amazon, but there are tons for the 1200 DVT online... I wouldn‘t know for the V4S, though.

I cannot help with the panniers. I don‘t have any wrap on them as I bought the bike used and they were already scratched... So I don‘t mind if they get scratched more...

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Welcome to the Insane Asylum bud --I am also in Florida -my shop is in DeLand, If your ever in the neighborhood come by & say hello

Reactions: winterboy8

·
Registered
841 Posts
Great suggestion @Multi796, any suggestions on a screen protector for these??? Is it something you have to have custom cut? And while I'm on the topic, any suggestions on clear wrap for the panniers? I've caught myself scraping my shoe on them already, glad I was wearing sneakers!!
Welcome to the forum AND that amazing new bike. I am quite excited to get mine next month (here in Utah, still too much snow). I just ordered the newly released Speedo Angels screen protectors for my V4S (red, cast wheels). Pretty reasonable value with 3 for $17 (I got the anti-glare ones). Check them out here:

·
Registered
2021 Multistrada V4S
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome to the forum AND that amazing new bike. I am quite excited to get mine next month (here in Utah, still too much snow). I just ordered the newly released Speedo Angels screen protectors for my V4S (red, cast wheels). Pretty reasonable value with 3 for $17 (I got the anti-glare ones). Check them out here:

Thanks @HoodooGuru for the welcome. I was amazed, I ordered from them yesterday and got the email today that they were shipped. And you are right, can't beat the cost. I got the pack with 2 ultra-clear and 2 anti-glare. Looking forward to getting this bike break-in done so I can see how well she really runs. Demo was fun, got to hammer on it in a few spots, wheelies easily and DWC worked quite nicely!!

·
Registered
841 Posts
Thanks @HoodooGuru for the welcome. I was amazed, I ordered from them yesterday and got the email today that they were shipped. And you are right, can't beat the cost. I got the pack with 2 ultra-clear and 2 anti-glare. Looking forward to getting this bike break-in done so I can see how well she really runs. Demo was fun, got to hammer on it in a few spots, wheelies easily and DWC worked quite nicely!!
Very cool. Same for me (bought yesterday, shipped today). Will see how the anti-glare works for awhile (the lower cost option), and then possibly look at the "upgraded" nano glass version which only comes in ultra clear (which I thought might be too reflective in the bright sun here).

So what other mods you considering? Enduro pack? I'd like to find some decent frame sliders or other after-market engine guards given my concerns about accidentally dropping this new beauty. Not much yet in the accessories market given how new it is in the market. But I have emailed and heard back from a number of after market companies (SW-Motech, Puig, T-Rex Racing, & others) that they do intend to produce mods for this model likely available this summer.

·
Registered
2021 Multistrada V4S
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very cool. Same for me (bought yesterday, shipped today). Will see how the anti-glare works for awhile (the lower cost option), and then possibly look at the "upgraded" nano glass version which only comes in ultra clear (which I thought might be too reflective in the bright sun here).

So what other mods you considering? Enduro pack? I'd like to find some decent frame sliders or other after-market engine guards given my concerns about accidentally dropping this new beauty. Not much yet in the accessories market given how new it is in the market. But I have emailed and heard back from a number of after market companies (SW-Motech, Puig, T-Rex Racing, & others) that they do intend to produce mods for this model likely available this summer.
@HoodooGuru, Ducati is all new to me, so not sure where to look other than dealer right now. I absolutely want an upgraded exhaust, no doubt about that. The question for me is, is it better to do factory exhaust with the new map? Is Akrapovič worth the $$$? Race vs slip on?? Can you do after market exhaust and buy a map to support exhaust mod ? And yes to enduro pack, although like the exhaust, it too is on back order. I really want the engine bars and LEDs as I drive to work while it is still dark so extra lighting is the best. My bro told me about Clearwater lights, but I'm not sure how well after markets will work with the Canbus on this bike. My previous experience is that be very careful with Canbus systems, I will tread carefully there. But, I see there's already an existing switch for the fogs, so it would be nice to install some driving lights, I just don't know where I'd mount them without some bars to mount to, upper forks maybe???

What about you, what's your mod list look like?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Call Sebastian @ MilliMoto in Ocala he can help you

·
Registered
2021 Multistrada V4S
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Call Sebastian @ MilliMoto in Ocala he can help you
Is it true that the Ducati parts are distributed to the dealers based on their sales and/or history with Ducati? My dealer is new and they are not sure how to get me the parts I'm in search of.

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Multistrada 950, 2018 Desert Sled
144 Posts
The Ducati fog lights are reasonably priced ($375? I can't remember) and work very well IMHO. I have them on my 950 and like the integrated switch. I had the dealer install them with the break in service and did not have to pay for the install, although I did remove all the panels for them in exchange for the mechanics time.

·
Registered
2021 Multistrada V4S
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Any of you ever try to order from www.wrs.it? They apparently have some V4S parts I'm looking for and they ship to US.

·
Registered
2021 Multistrada V4S
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Calculate your shipping fees from Italy ...
Yeah, waiting on response as right now it says free for orders over $200, but on other page says UPS is $58. So, I emailed them asking about shipping. 9% off exhaust, is it worth the risk?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts