Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
Way back around the launch of the Ducati Streetfighter, I headed down to Sydney for a demo day. Up for grabs were a bunch of Harleys some BMWs and Ducatis. The three of us settled for the K1300R, a 1098 SF, and a stripped down BMW boxer with a punch like a heavy weight.
Three great bikes but the SF won me.
The problems I had were -
a wife, a new 2008 KTM Super Duke R plus a couple of others in thw shed and not enough cash.
Fast forward a few years a few rides on a loaner 08 1098R and another another toe in the superbike pool (Fireblade -Stoner Replica) scare the bejesus out of me. I convince myself that naked is good for an old bloke. Wind sock effects should keep me out of strife.
So after years of trawling through bikesales I knew every SFS that was on the market. The stars aligned back in September when a trip down south coincided with a price adjustment on a little used 09 SFS.
I've serviced just about everything and put a few thousand ks on . Its everything i remeber from the 2009 demo ride except for the bloody seat pushing me inti the tank. No problem over 100kph but anything less!!!
Regards
Chip
Orange NSW
Australia

1 - 4 of 4 Posts