Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my first Ducati yesterday.
This bike has a soul. The sounds, feedback, and even the smell are like nothing I have experienced in my 40+ years of riding.
The bikes I have owned in the past while plenty fun feel sterile by comparison.
My only regret is I didn't buy one long ago.
I have a lot of catching up to do.

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum BBM3!

Nice bike!

When you get a chance, please add your location information to your user profile and enjoy the site!
http://www.ducati.ms/forums/usercp.php
Will do.
Thanks

Welcome. You’ll find a great Ducati group here in Colorado.

Looks like you bought the 748S from Colorado Springs: http://www.ducati.ms/forums/128-bikes/700322-fs-2001-ducati-748s-sold.html

Looks like a great bike. I am sure you will love it.
You are correct this is the one.

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
.........My only regret is I didn't buy one long ago.
Welcome!

The only thing worse than waiting so long to get one is to buy one and enjoy it for a few years and sell it then having many years pass by before getting another one.

I missed my old Duc as soon as I sold it and had to watch it be loaded onto a transport hauler headed to Florida. :(

The weather's supposed to be great this weekend......you should ride it up Ute Pass and then head north to Deckers. >:)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Finally got my first Ducati yesterday.
This bike has a soul. The sounds, feedback, and even the smell are like nothing I have experienced in my 40+ years of riding.
The bikes I have owned in the past while plenty fun feel sterile by comparison.
My only regret is I didn't buy one long ago.
I just found a nice 749s after a lot of looking and echo your sentiments! Oh well, at least now I can afford to fix it if when it needs attention...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome!

The only worse than waiting so long to get one is to buy one and enjoy it for a few years and sell it then having many years pass by before getting another one.

I missed my old Duc as soon as I sold it and had to watch it be loaded onto a transport hauler headed to Florida. :(

The weather's supposed to be great this weekend......you should ride it up Ute Pass and then head north to Deckers. >:)
I was planing ride to Deckers from the North this weekend.
I know that feeling of watching the transporter drive off.

I just found a nice 749s after a lot of looking and echo your sentiments! Oh well, at least now I can afford to fix it if when it needs attention...
I personally think the 748s is a great bang for the buck if you find the right one.

Here is a better picture of mine:

·
Registered
57 Posts
That is a beautiful 748s! I thought long and hard about which 3/4 liter Duc Superbike to buy--so I ultimately went with Pierre Terblanche, who says the 749 is the better bike: )

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is a beautiful 748s! I thought long and hard about which 3/4 liter Duc Superbike to buy--so I ultimately went with Pierre Terblanche, who says the 749 is the better bike: )
I started looking for a 916 and in the search found this 748s.
I would still like to add a 916 one day.

·
Registered
57 Posts
That would be interesting to see how they compare. After reving-up the 748cc motor and feeling the kick from it, I'm not sure I need the extra power!

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
I have ~ 20% altitude penalty living at 7600 feet ASL. Another 20 HP would be nice.
Boulder Motorsports can likely help you with that 20 hp :).

The ride to Deckers, and the surrounding areas is one of my favorites! This should be a great weekend for it.

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Boulder Motorsports can likely help you with that 20 hp :).

The ride to Deckers, and the surrounding areas is one of my favorites! This should be a great weekend for it.
He'll put his eye out with another 20hp.

Regarding Boulder Motorsports, I had them check out my ST3 after I got it and I was happy with their work but not so happy trailering the bike from CS to Boulder (they needed a cold engine to do their thing...). I'm thinking about going to Imperial Motorsports in Denver soon to have them do some work. What do you know about them??

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Re Imperial, I'll just say that I haul my bikes to Boulder :).

I refer to Brian and Clem at BMS as Team OCD. They're meticulous. I respect that not all customers want that, or want to pay for it. For me though, I appreciate (probably more like demand - lol) the depth of knowledge and crazy attention to detail.

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
Re Imperial, I'll just say that I haul my bikes to Boulder :).

I refer to Brian and Clem at BMS as Team OCD. They're meticulous. I respect that not all customers want that, or want to pay for it. For me though, I appreciate (probably more like demand - lol) the depth of knowledge and crazy attention to detail.
We are incredibly fortunate to have BMS here. The work they do is top tier in the US. There is only one or two other places in the country that I would trust to take care of my Ducatis. I feel lucky that BMS is only an hour away.

Reactions: beemerboy

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
We are incredibly fortunate to have BMS here. The work they do is top tier in the US. There is only one or two other places in the country that I would trust to take care of my Ducatis. I feel lucky that BMS is only an hour away.
Thanks for the follow up comments. I'm getting the point!:)

To the OP, I hope I didn't hijack your thread and hope to see you on the road!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hijack? Heck no! I appreciate the discussion.
I understand the high praise for Boulder Motorsports after visiting their Website particularly their F042 build.

Since I have’nt even used a 1/2 tank of gas yet I’m going to get to know my new bike before seriously considering any changes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts