Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ducati.ms!

Motorcycle forums have been a staple for me for many years of riding, though I am not often a very active user. Been riding for 15 years now, owned a junky cruiser with leaky carbs, a literbike, a supermoto, and most recently a 2013 Tiger Explorer. At the beginning of this month, while patiently waiting in traffic in a roundabout, I was broadsided by someone in a Jeep Cherokee on the Tiger, and fortunately I walked away from the accident, but the engine guard was hit so hard that it bent the subframe of the bike, so it's totaled.

I did a lot of soul searching and landed on the Ducati Multistrada as my top choice for my next bike, and just recently found a great deal on a lightly used 2010 1200S Touring, so shortly I will have a new multi in my garage!

I'm very excited to ride this thing into every conceivable situation and push it to its limits, and honored to be here.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, it took a little longer than I would have liked, but the Multi has been home with me for 11 days now, and I've already put 1500 miles on it. Best bike I've ever ridden.

Allow me to list my ONLY complaints with the bike; needs a rear top case, the side panniers are small. The windscreen is definitely a little less than I'd like for long rides, and the stock seat is too wide at the front for me, so it chafes my legs uncomfortably after a long time, but I'm small (5'6" 130 lbs), so I just need to find a seat that works for me. The rear brake is bad (but I've had the warranty service done, so it works, just... bad compared to any other rear brake I've had).

Everything else? Unbelievably good.

Already put in a set of Cyclops LEDs (great mod for this bike, so much light!), replaced the (still stock) battery with an EarthX lifepo4, and am definitely planning to replace the stock exhaust with something de-catted, plus one of those tuneboys, but my $25 throttle lock has been sufficient for resting the right hand on long straights.

Multistrada - Album on Imgur

1 - 4 of 4 Posts