Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Ciao! Guten Tag! Hej!

I’ve been lurking in the shadows for a few weeks prior to joining. Been having eyes for the red Multistrada 1260S (with touring package) and wanted to see what others experiences have been with the bike.

I have a good understanding of basic mechanical tasks (I worked in the service department at a H-D and Honda dealership). I would feel confident about doing most of the maintenance items on the Multistrada; with the exception of the valve check/adjust and cam belts. I just don’t have the special tools for it.

This would not be my first bike; i’ve owned a few of them (not in order).

1999 H-D Fatboy (last year of the evo motor)
2006 H-D Sportster 883
2004 Honda Rebel 250
2006 Ducati Monster 695
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100
2007 Honda 919
2006 Honda Elite 80

I look forward to getting to know more about the bike and, if i’m lucky enough, make a friend or two. Hope everyone is having a good day where you are.

·
Premium Member
1,123 Posts
Nice intro. You can buy the tools you've mentioned and there are fabulous write ups here to show you how. And then there are folks always willing to lend a hand as well.

Welcome aboard.

·
Administrator
12,033 Posts
Hello and welcome to Ducati.ms. Super glad to have you roaming our halls.

Please fill in your location information in the UserCP Edit Your Details section, that can help if there might be someone local to you give a hand or find new friends to take a ride.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Welcome! There is certainly a ton of info on these forums. I had lurked for years before I actually started posting. This is an awesome forums with lots of nice folks around!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice intro. You can buy the tools you've mentioned and there are fabulous write ups here to show you how. And then there are folks always willing to lend a hand as well.

Welcome aboard.
Thanks man! Do you know of a good reliable source to get these tools? Or where I might find a write up to see what is involved in doing the valve check/adjust?

·
Premium Member
1,123 Posts
Thanks man! Do you know of a good reliable source to get these tools? Or where I might find a write up to see what is involved in doing the valve check/adjust?
Well, sure. Check out our vendors section. Search the Multi threads section or Hall of Wisdom and Tech Sections. The "Forum" tab will list all of these.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts