Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Ducati & Hypermotard community. My name is David, I live in SoCal, and this is my 4th post! Sorry I did not read the rules and posted in the Hypermotard section first.

Brief background, I last owned a Triumph Speed Triple (loved) and Aprilia RSV 1000 R (not so much - another thread). I have been off bikes for ~8 years until my son recently came home with a bike, Honda CBR 500 - perfect beginner ride for a 22 yr old. So he is heading to the Navy at the end of the year and see this as a chance to ride with him and teach what I know. So last weekend I rented a 2008 HM and was smitten immediately with the dirt bike ergo and fun sounds with open dry clutch. Did a Sunday ride with my son for 120 miles and came away with big smiles.

That was most of my first post. I am now the owner of a '08 HM that I bought in LA area. I have had it for 48 hours and found some maintenance issues not reported by the seller (body work with missing/broken tabs, missing fasteners) and I over rated the tires...they will need to be replaced soonest. That said I am very happy to see and smell this bike in my garage. Did a 80 mile ride today with my Son and we are all smiles now with a beer in hand at home.

Looking forward to being an active participant here. I spent many years in the air cooled Porsche 911 community so this is something I look forward to!

Thanks and hello,
David

Done! Very excited to join this community. Oil change first thing tomorrow and then sorting stuff out for ever!
View attachment 984831

·
Administrator
13,241 Posts
Hi David and welcome. I am a native San Diegan, a still love my home city. We have a few members around our hallways from your neck of the woods and one you should really be aware er make that BEWARE of is @JACKIE TREEHORN

Reactions: JavaBrewer

·
Smut peddler
1,238 Posts
Hey, I resemble that remark! @JavaBrewer, you're always welcome to come ride with me and the degenerates I hang around. Moreso if you and your son bring some good looking women with low standards and flexible morals.

Don't worry aboot the rules around here. The mods couldn't find each other's asses with both hands. :ROFLMAO:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts