Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Gday mate.

It's that time of the year again. 35 degree C weather, and fake snow everywhere.
And you should see the fat old Santas in their padded suits and fake beards in this heat. :D

·
Premium Member
2004 998S FE, 2000 748B, 1986 750 F1
2,408 Posts
Hi & g'day.

All is good here, bit frantic cos its the season for small children and business men ie Christmas. Have just returned from being taken out for dinner by two of the guys who I do part-time work for, husband even got to come along which was lovely. Great restaurant, good company, can't complain. Drinks tomorrow afternoon, a dinner again Friday night, busy weekend planned - its all going on.

Hope all is good with you, could be a bit warmer though.

·
I have a button.. BITCHES!
8,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bly mentioned sweating santas. Is it summer there yet? I didn't pay much attention in geography class. I have no idea about ya'lls seasonal cycles as compared to where I live in South Carolina, USA. We're finally starting to dip down into freezing temps at night. Gotta chance at some light snow coming this weekend. So I'm riding to work today cause this weekend will be wet. Ya'll have a great day.

·
Premium Member
2,408 Posts
Bly mentioned sweating santas. Is it summer there yet? I didn't pay much attention in geography class. I have no idea about ya'lls seasonal cycles as compared to where I live in South Carolina, USA. We're finally starting to dip down into freezing temps at night. Gotta chance at some light snow coming this weekend. So I'm riding to work today cause this weekend will be wet. Ya'll have a great day.
Yes, officially it is Summer, it was hotter in Spring - we had 45C in Adelaide and in the high 30's here in Melbourne - it was lovely I like it hot:D Husband was in Adelaide on business during the heat wave (where he has to go quite often these days and even went for a walk when it was 43C - he likes it hot too).

If you want to know more about our weather you could vist the motorcyclists favourite website, the one we can look at before a ride to see if we are going to get wet is www.bom.gov.au and then we visit the radar page. Alternatively if a mate arrives on his 1098r I know its going to rain no matter what the radar shows, the damn thing is just like a water diviner, it always rains when he brings it on a ride.:confused:

It was pretty impressive here last night - we had red and yellow rain (heavy on the scale) and it was cold here in Melbourne. The rest of the website should give you an idea of the weather conditions and forecasts for the biggest island in the world, if you can be bothered. It tells me that next week it should be 35C (pfft I'll believe it when I see it):rolleyes:

·
Ducati Acolyte
819 Posts
Was talking to a buddy in Canada the other day and asked how the weather was. cold, wet and -4c....brrrrrrr <= supposedly that is still warm to him :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
thats it!!!!!!!!!!!!-we are aussies-no more talking about the weather---or i'll show you my shovel collection-or worse --start the aussie aussie aussie thread

·
Premium Member
2,408 Posts
thats it!!!!!!!!!!!!-we are aussies-no more talking about the weather---or i'll show you my shovel collection-or worse --start the aussie aussie aussie thread
Ha, you started an aussie aussie aussie thread :D - sensible - no point to get Metalhead all excited with talk of shovel collections - it should be snowing over there he will need a good shovel to clear whatever needs clearing.

·
8,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ya'll are cracking me up.:D I guess that's why I like you Aussies. You know, good sense of humor.

By the way, hello again.

·
8,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ha, you started an aussie aussie aussie thread :D - sensible - no point to get Metalhead all excited with talk of shovel collections - it should be snowing over there he will need a good shovel to clear whatever needs clearing.
You know what's funny? We're supposed to get 3-5 inches of snow here tomorrow. Being on the East side of the Blue Ridge mountains, we normally don't get snow until January or so.

Actually, that wasn't very funny. But it WAS very interesting. Actually it wasn't. Amusing maybe? Noooo...

Nevermind.

·
Ducati Acolyte
819 Posts
You know what's funny? We're supposed to get 3-5 inches of snow here tomorrow. Being on the East side of the Blue Ridge mountains, we normally don't get snow until January or so.

Actually, that wasn't very funny. But it WAS very interesting. Actually it wasn't. Amusing maybe? Noooo...

Nevermind.
The correct response metalhead is to call 748girl a' cheeky bugger' :D

·
Ducati Acolyte
819 Posts
FARK its metalhead!!!!!!!!.......quick...hide yer fosters :D
That's all we need, bloody septics hanging arounding nicking our beer :D

1 - 20 of 207 Posts