Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Hello! and what do you think?

3K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  DucatiTiger 
#1 · (Edited)
Whats up everyone,
Well I have been brousing around the forum for some time now. Doing my research and reading up on parts/mods ect... I come from an addiction to VWs so forums are nothing new to me.

Anyway, My SC1000 has 6300 miles on it, and I have a couple mods done. Im the 3rd owner. The past owner was my neighbor (basically family) who put about 500mi on the bike before selling it. I knew the bike for a long time, and once I knew i was going to buy it, I was all over the internet looking up info and parts. After finally getting the service records, I decided to contact the orig. owner for some info. I found out some shocking news.. The engine was blown and replace at around 5k :eek:

So needless to say, my bike as about 1k miles on it since the new engine. I look to you guys for advice/comforting. I feel good about it.., but im not sure if I should be Worried? Im not sure what to say haha.. in my sig, you can see my mods. Tank spread was fixed, and other than that. all is great.

Well I just wanted to introduce myself and show you my bike.
Here are some pics, but before hugger and sliders..

Cheers

See less See more
#3 ·
No, He said he wasnt sure if he was running it too hot or too fast or what. but he was on a bridge in NY and it just shot off and they replaced the motor. Said it was like 8gs worth of work.

#5 ·
Yeah I hear ya. Thats pretty much how I feel. Just worried about break in period and what not.. anyway, pics are up, but before hugger and sliders. Next is Tires, reflector removal, reservoir caps, fork guards, cooler guard and 14T.

Thanks guys

#8 ·
Seems to me if your neighbor put 500 miles on it, then you only have about 800 unaccounted for on it from the first owner, and I don't know how much the guy could have done to it in that amount of miles. If I were you, enjoy it and don't worry about it, the bike looks fantastic.

#9 · (Edited)
sorry, left that part out. I got the bike around 5530 or something like that. (now edited) so those were my miles. But i RODE the bike.. Figuring she was in her prime. All in all, It is what it is so Im just going to enjoy her. Dont plan on selling so im not worried. Thanks for the feedback guys. makes me feel better about it.

#13 ·
the bike is gorgeous and you've got a nice new engine - what's to worry about? there are all kinds of opinions on break-in, so i wouldn't get worked up over it. fresh oil to get rid of the bits that wear off in the first miles should set you fine.

welcome to the gang!

oh, and get some pics up w/that hugger on it :D

#16 ·
Welcome! If it runs good, I am sure its fine. Chances are, it was built by someone who knew what they were doing, not some shadetree hack. It's always possible to screw something up but I would guess it would have surfaced by now.

Just enjoy it and be happy that you got the fastest color! Ha Ha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.